How did you find out about electric bikes?

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
I think electric bikes need much more promotion from the government....
Sorry to ramble.
Alethia
You'd think Boris might bang a drum or two :D

All the best with your new Powacycle - I found cycling really helpful after illness

shoppingglad

Just Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Always,my friends recommand the electronics bike ,then i will save lots of spirits ,timeand so on .

2007 Kestrel RT 700 Shimano Ultegra Equipped Road Bike

Product Features

Randall Scott Company - America's Premiere Outdoor Company
Available in Standard (53x39) gearing
All frames have Lifetime
FSA & Ultegra Components
Product Description
FACTORY DIRECT SPECIAL: We have purchased remaining quantity of this bike from Kestrel USA. - and once sold out inventory will be unavailable. First come first serve basis - get them while this super-sweet deal lasts The RT700 is literally engineered speed. Countless hours of tunnel testing and computer simulations have created this speed demon. This bike leverages Kestrel's unmatched carbon know how for a superior riding experience. They have sweated all the little things...seriously, redsigned dropouts, and ultraclean brake cable exits are among the attention to detail on this bike.

Bikes - 2007 Kestrel RT 700 Shimano Ultegra Equipped Road Bike - Wholesale Electronics made in China

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Spent a few months looking at electric motorbikes and found loads of youtube videos on electric bicycles (mainly american high powered DIY jobs) then came across the Optibike which seemed to be the perfect bike apart from the price, import hassles, warranty/backup and legality issues.

By then I was hooked on wanting an ebicycle and realised the fitness benefits that could be had in use as a training aid when commuting etc.

For the price of an electric motorbike or Optibike I can run 2/3/4 different electric bicycles if I want and have girlfriend/family/friends join me also.

DebbieAC1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2010
Saw them advertised in Macro, worked out how much money it would save me and bought one.
I am now saving £85 per month I would have spent on bus fare, arriving at work and getting home earlier and happier. I now enjoy my commute to an from work.

Hermit

Pedelecer
May 17, 2010
Wirral
Tripped over one while window-shopping on eBay. Having been made redundant and having lost the company car in the process, it was on the back burner to get something that would convey me from A to B efficiently and cheaply. Started to do some internet research which led me here. The rest, as they say... :)

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
on the net. I woke up one day and there was a new sign outside my house. It read ROUTE 23 Basingstoke 17 miles. I then drove to basingstoke where I work and outside the entrance to my work place was another ROUTE 23 sign! ... from that day I decided to cycle to work. Shortly afterwards I bought a HP Velotechnik Street Machine recumbent and started doing it. I was ok to start with but it got harder. I then decided that I needed an electric assist and started looking on the net. I was inspired by kit conversion projects by Brad Hori and Mark Havran and most recently Mark and Simon at Cytronix who have given me hope for the future.

Advertisers