how do i use it on power alone?

Stuart J

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2016
perth uk
i just recieved my very first e-bike yesterday, a cyclotricity stealth 500w its great but i cant work out how to use it on power alone,there dosnt seem to be a switch or button anywhere?,it didnt come with the thumb throttle that apparently is extra but the guy at e-bikes said he will send one for free,anyone know how to fit it,if i have to remove the handlebar grip how do i do that? you might have guest i am a complete novice at this to say the least!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I got the 1000 yesterday and had to fit the throttle myself...you just prize out the end cap and pull the grip off...its tough so spin it as you pull....
You need to contact cyclotricity sign a disclaimer and they will send instructions to do what you want

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Stuart J

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2016
perth uk
Thanks Andy,when you put the grip back on isnt it loose? and is there no otherway to use power alone without the thumb throttle?

D

Deleted member 4366

To get the grip off, you have to pull it from the inboard end. If it's really tight, loosen the brake lever clamp and stick a screwdriver between the shifter clamp and the brake lever clamp. Lever the brake clamp against the grip, which will move it a bit. Loosen the shifter clamp slide it to the brake clamp, tighten it and then repeat the procedure. It'll move the grip about 1 cm each time. when it's about half way, you can pull it off by hand, but you have to pull from the inboard end, otherwise it'll grip tighter.

Stuart J

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2016
perth uk
Thanks d8veh i get the jist just lever it off but you have thrown me a bit with the word "inboard" ? yes i really am this dumb!

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
A top tip for easy removal of grips is to use compressed air.

Assuming you don't have a proper compressor, one of those little tyre inflators with a needle type ball inflator will do. Or one of these air duster cans will also work.

Simply put the nozzle under the inboard end, give it some air and it'll slide right off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252598736362

Put it back on with some hairspray, which will act as lubricant then go sticky.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
I just grabbed the whole grip and twisted it round as I pulled it off....it takes a bit of effort, but will come with perseverence

Advertisers