How to increase the Power of a 250W hub motor

Rod Fuller

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2015
that's the controller. Unfortunately, there is no label so we can't tell.
trex, my apologies, I managed to withdraw the die cast box to take photos for d8veh, Chinese? script:
3651D-C-10GD, Ser No. N12B6C161033.

D

Deleted member 4366

The photo shows what looks like an old Ananda controller. The PCB is normally potted, which makes adjustment difficult. If you take the four screws out and prise the bottom off, you can see if it's potted or not. Unfortunatly, your photo shows a bird's nest of wires, so I can't recommend an alternative. You need to spread out the wires and connectors so that we can see what you have. What's that big black plastic thing? I've never seen anyhing like that before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rod Fuller

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2015
The photo shows what looks like an old Ananda controller. The PCB is normally potted, which makes adjustment difficult. If you take the four screws out and prise the bottom off, you can see if it's potted or not. Unfortunatly, your photo shows a bird's nest of wires, so I can't recommend an alternative. You need to spread out the wires and connectors so that we can see what you have. What's that big black plastic thing? I've never seen anyhing like that before.
d8veh Perhaps it is a homing device for the police!
Assume that circuitry is potted.
How would you modify it if acessable?
An estimate of power that could be acheived?
Is it worthwhile assembling a controller. or buying one?
Has anyone replaced the permanent magnets with very powerful rare earth ones, now available in different shapes.
(could not send email directly, questioned about a real address!)
I will open the die cast box tomorrow.
Thanks again, Rod

Advertisers