How to remove speed limit - just bought my 1st ebike

Janne M

Just Joined
May 23, 2018
Finland
Hello,

I have controller (KZQW22A-LKTS17066-HJC) in my ebike with rear hub motor.

Can I remove speed limit somehow?

Or can I change current LED display with throttle to LCD display which would allow access to settings?

Blue wire had to be connected to allow 25km/hour with throttle (otherwise 6km/hour).

Some pics attached.

controller1.PNG controller2.PNG led panel with throtthle.PNG gzr.PNG

Br, Janne Malkamäki
Finland

D

Deleted member 4366

I've not seen one of those controllers before, but it doesn't look easy to adjust. If you can't find out how to hack it, a replacement controller with LCd would work, but you'd have to change some wires and replace the throttle with a normal one.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for the answer. What do you mean changing wires?

Any ideas how to find suitable lcd controller?
Pretty sure he means connectors . There is no real standard with these Chinese controllers so , for example, the Lcd connector on this may be different from any replacement

You either need to solder direct or replace the connectors

I think, if D8veh can cos it’s beyond me, to manage some expectations a bit. Which needs knowledge and calculations I cannot do

Although a new controller will help ; the whole system is also limited by wheel size, motor windings and battery capability

I’m only trying to avoid you spending time and money to gain 1mph :) !

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks for the answer. What do you mean changing wires?

Any ideas how to find suitable lcd controller?
Change connectors and/or swap around the sequence of wires in their connector.

This is a nice controllerif your motor has hall sensors. uou need to count the conductors in the motor wire to dertermine that. eight or more is sensored, 6 or fewer is sensorless:
http://www.pswpower.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2016-3F-3F7C.50CBU

It has a different motor connector, so easiest would be to cut your connector off and join the wires directly.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Some controllers will only work with LED. Tongsheng only have one controller on their website, looks similar to yours, but with far fewer wires and no details. They have service centre/offices in German and Netherlands who may be able to help you.

http://www.tsbicycle.net/contact.html

Peppa

Just Joined
May 23, 2018
Hi, joined yesterday and can't workout how to post?

As ob the subject of speed restriction. I have ordered a Speed box 2 for my new cube ebike. The device is turned on and off via the walk button. I just wondered if anyone knows if the walk button function of actual walk assist will still work?

Anyone used the ebike tuning company in Germany? They seem to have a good reputation?

Advertisers