Hub motor clicking noise

jradley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2019
Hello, having an issue with my Volt Alpine X, seem to have a clicking noise when using the motor, happens when riding, and lifting up the rear wheel and using the throttle.

If I rock it forwards and backwards I can feel it bump over something in the hub.

Any help is appreciated, spoke to a Volt rep and he told me to bring it in but it's gonna be hard for me to spend the next week without a bike.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There's nothing you can do except take it back as there isn't anything on the outside that can do that. Is the speed display correct? The only thing I can think of is that a magnet in the speed sensor might have detached.

One thing you could check. Try loosening the six screws in the disc rotor about one turn each to see if one is catching inside.

How did the noise start? Did it just appear in the middle of a ride? Did you go over a bump, remove the wheel to fix a puncture or anything like that? Things like that don't normally start for no reason.

jradley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2019
So update, I took apart the motor assembly, took the motor out and in one of the teeth of the bearing wheel was some kind of screw, got it out with a hammer and a screwdriver and now running fine. Wouldn't recommend this type of repair but it worked for me.