hub

tushingham2

Pedelecer
May 9, 2020
I have fitted a new rear hub 350 watts 9 pin 36v new controller new display its runs okay no speed reading on the display. after half mile shuts down and no power battery is okay.
I disconnect the display plug fit in an isolator plug and it runs fine.
Connect it all to a front hub and all working fine with a speed reading

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You answered your own question, rear no odo reading (and doesn't work ) but front has odo reading and works.

It needs an odo reading , one assumes the hub has an internal speed sensor as it is 9 pin. Without the odo reading some control systems shut down.
Also are you 100% that the motor connector is pushed fully home.

Sounds like hall sensor may have failed or speed magnet is no longer being picked up by the hall sensor. One can open the hub to look or try adding a wheel spoke magnet and wiring a sensor up.

tushingham2

Pedelecer
May 9, 2020
Hi Thank you, I am in the lucky position to have plenty of things in my workshop to try, i have fitted a second hub and that is the same. These are just hubs i have, when i have fitted a complete rear wheel kit they have worked fine. The original hub motor stopped working and i carry all the front hub kits 9 pin and i just bought a couple of rear hubs only.
It seemed to work without the display connected but will do a longer run to make sure, if it’s okay i can just keep it as a spare bike and my need to fit a voltage indicator to know my battery level.

Thanks again

Ron

Advertisers