Hydrolic Motor Cut-off Brakes

Chris Wilkins

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 16, 2015
Hi all,

I've had my Cyclotricity Stealth 1000W for a few days now.

It came with mechanical disk brakes with electronic motor cut-off.

I've been searching and searching for hydraulic brakes which include a motor cut-off but I cant find anything.

Do people usually fit standard MTB hydraulic brakes and retrofit the cut-off? If do, does anyone have a guide on how to do this? I've found some threads with basic descriptions of the process but I would prefer a detailed guide if anyone has one.

Ideally I'd like to get some hydraulic that already have the cut-off installed but these seem to be few and far between.

Thanks.

Chris.

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
You could also get some separate sensors suitable for hydraulic brakes, such as these. I have them and they work well.

Michael

Chris Wilkins

Apr 16, 2015
Hi Michael,

Are these compatible with other motors apart from the Bafang mid-drive motors? Mines a rear hub motor so the sensors wouldn't reach without some adaptation.

D

Deleted member 4366

You would need to adapt the wiring with new connectors and longer wire, plus, you need to splice some wires to get the 5v supply for them.

Chris Wilkins

Apr 16, 2015
The bike has cut-offs on both front and back brake which isn't really essential. Is anything stopping me from putting a regular bike hydraulic brake on the front and keep the back as standard?

Reactions: mfj197
D

Deleted member 4366

Nothing wrong with that suggestion. You only need one switch.

Advertisers