I am looking for a smartcharger

Yannik_24

Just Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Hello everyone, my 4-years old charger suddenly stops charging. Does anyone know a replacement for my 36V Powerpack Rack 400 battery with 11Ah?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
You'll need to give us some clues... like the make/model of e-bike, the make/model of the battery & charger, the type of charge connector. Photos help a lot.

EDIT: I've just twigged... do you mean a BOSCH Powerpack? If it is the charger at fault rather than just your battery being worn out after 4 years of use, you'll need to buy another branded Bosch Charger at circa £100. It's a crazy price for a £15-£30 2-amp charger. AFAIK there are no third-party vendors for Bosch.

Last edited:

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I would get the bike/battery/charger checked out at a local dealer before you buy anything. As cyclebuddy says, it could just as easily be the battery, but dealer needs the bike to test this.

Yannik_24

Just Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Yes, it's Bosch. I would like to buy a charger that can adjust the current and the final charging voltage.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes, it's Bosch. I would like to buy a charger that can adjust the current and the final charging voltage.
It is not smart chargers that are needed but smart BMS with Bluetooth or pc/uart connection to adjust the charge/balance parameters, currently only available for self build or a bespoke non oem battery.
A smart charger simply cannot carry out the BMS job of balancing.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Changing charge voltage level doesn't allow for the battery to balance, lower voltage charging should only be undertaken buy someone who understands the consequence's and the know how to recognise balancing issues and remedying them. For the knowledgeable running a another set of balance wires externally is possible.

Advertisers