Ignore function for threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steed

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2016
Lincolnshire
Was just checking in to see if anyone had given me any advice on my request for information ("new to the scene" thread) and came across this thread. Rather disturbing to a new member really. Thought the E bit of E biking related to electric not ego.

D

Deleted member 4366

Welcome to the forum. Try starting a thread about weather you should wear a helmet, whether people should be able to post about bikes not complying with EN15194, whether only crank-drives can climb hills, which is best out of hub or derailleur gears, brexit, or which government is best for ebikes out of labour and conservative. A good one should go for at least 20 pages.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
After receiving an email drawing my attention to this, I guess that I had better reply to the elements that I can decipher.

o i see what eddie wants he wants to ignore any thread i post in just he has not got the balls to say so and that is just like throwing ur toys out the pram .
Not a promising start for you SW.

i guess he can dish it out like take the p out of fs haibikes that have cable ties over and over yet he has caused over 2000 quids worth of damage to his bikes and had it fixed under warranty with 2 motors and 2 batts compared to my one bolt that i lost and cost 25 quid and had 1 xd hub replaced under warranty cos i broke it jumping my bike. .
My first motor failed at 650 miles and was repaired under warranty, the repaired motor failed at a similar mileage. Neither the shop nor KTM were involved with the second replacement, as Bosch dealt directly with me. I am also not the only forum member to have suffered a motor failure.
The first battery was faulty from new, so explain to me how that was my fault, and the second battery started to loose range, so presumably had a battery cell issue. Once again, Bosch dealt with the issue directly, and also very kindly upgraded the whole system for me, and to this day I have been field testing a certain aspect of the motor for them directly as a company.

In any event, had the parts been replaced under warranty, how do you arrive at a figure of £2,000.00 when you are clueless as to the manufacturers unit component cost/price?

The issues that you have experienced with your bike, are simply down to bad maintenance, something that has been pointed out to you before. Both issues could have been prevented.

constantly goes on that i only ride my bike down paths yet if you watch my videos is not the case as i cant drive so only get to go to the forest when my m8 goes in his van to get a lift. .
Fair enough, and it's good that mate is willing to do that for you.

constantly moans about every one that uses a dongle that he says ruins it for every one and rips up the trails yet he goes out and sanitise them for his own purpose.
Of course I pass comment about people using dongles or any other speed enhancing device. Why wouldn't I when they are illegal to use on anywhere other than on privately owned land that does not have public access or right of way.
From your own Youtube clips that you have posted to this forum, you are riding your motorcycle recklessly on public footpaths and pavements outside shops and in urban areas, on canal towpaths, and have made a written threat in respect to pushing a fisherman into the water

Just three examples showing your lack of consideration and respect of safety towards others.

"even down the canal the speed im going in the dark if some one is going the same way buy the time i see them with the light i have it will be to late to even try braking and splat."

"found some more mud, canal like a mud bath atm and still loads of fkn ppl down there??? soon shift there ass when see me coming tho"

"go down a canal path @30 mph i managed to pee of every 1 for 30 miles 1 way
ppl on road bikes also shout at me i just stop and say come on then all ride off "

The list is actually quite extensive!

Perhaps you would care to show me were I have written "rips up the trail" as I have never said that, and why would I. Bikes fitted with dongles cause no more damage than a bike without a dongle, and neither cause any more damage than just a people riding a normal mountain bike.

I don't have a clue about what you are saying with the second element of your text where you say "sanitise them for his own purpose" You have lost me there.

I'm not a gambling man, but if I were, I would put money down that your next clip will be a night time clip, of your riding on public pavements and roads etc, in a reckless manner.

and if you watch his vids is constantly trying to go over the 15mph limit on the flat will not ware a full face helmet or arm knee armour as says will not ride with a full face helmet then crashes smashes his face up and wonders why pmsl.
If you took the time to look at my rides on Strava before passing comment, then you would see that my average speed over the usually very tight and technical terrain that I choose to ride over, is about 8-9mph. Lengthy fast sections are few and far between. But no I don't want a full face helmet, and you are incorrect when you state that I don't wear knee and elbow pads. Just because I do not mention it, does not mean that I don't. I just pick and choose when and where I wear them. Thank you though, for your concern in respect of my well being.

told phill his batt is not worth 50 quid second hand as had no warranty so worthless yet he did get a offer for 450 quid so wrong there as well.
Oh dear SW, what I actually said was "I'll give you £50.00 and take a chance on it. ;)"
Clearly you had a sense of humour bypass with that one, and even if I had been serious, which I clearly wasn't, what business is it of yours?

thinks his 6 cell pack for his lights will out perform my pack made from real 18650 cells so i proved they will and guess he did not like that either as never posted any proof his will cos he got no chance.
As usual wrong again. I really couldn't care less about your attempt to build a light. All the time that you are doing so, you aren't out riding your motorcycle, so that can only be a good thing.
As for comparison, you are firstly testing used 18650 cells against new 18650 cells, and respect of the brightness of the light, you don't even have a lux meter, so any assessment and claim that you make in respect of light strength/beam, is made up.
I'm very happy with my light set up as things stand, and whilst my estimated annual off road night riding mileage for this one year period is probably only going to hit the 1,500mile to 1,800 mile mark, I suspect that it will be nearly 100% more than you will be aiming to achieve.
My six cell Ebay bargain battery pack is now into it's third season of use, and I'd loved for it to have completed the third season, but in the last two rides, I have had to switch from full beam, to lowest beam after about one and half hours, so the time has come to order up another cheapo pack. Two full years of use, plus the start of third season, represents very good value to me at about £8.00

told me when i first joined i needed a crank puller for my bike when i did not even need it so gave it to a forum member for free and free postage.
And? That just highlights your slack approach to cycle care and maintenance. To remove the pedal crank on a Bosch powered bike, the correct tool to use is an ISIS crank puller. Again another odd thing to mention, and certainly an odd thing to hold a grudge about.

said he was going to make a case from carbon for the bosch motor and never happens.
And? What difference is it to you that I have no need to. One bike is now fully winterised, and the second is fitted with a bash guard. Yet another odd thing to mention.

said he could sort a spacer to run 2 front sprockets also never happens.
I could, but I actually forgot all about it, and I'm glad that I did.

moans at me posting in the mtb thread as i have a dongle but he is ok with others with bafang motors far faster than my bike posting in there that 2 faced or what lol and still sticks his head in to the sclass forum for what?
Perhaps those Bafang motors that you mention are legal? Why would I also not look at all sections of the forum?

soon as i posted pics from one of my strava rides and got a kom on the flat tries and fails to get my account closed and thought he had done it yet i just set it to private as i knew thats what he would try and do yet i can hack the gprs from my room and get them anyway and even if i set it to ebike he would of done it anyway as i use a dongle and over the 15mph uk limit im just 10 steps ahead and knew it.
For those forum members that are not up to speed about SW and Strava, the easiest catch up is to view these two threads.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/e-bikes-on-strave.25682/#post-336560

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/how-many-people-are-using-there-e-bike-off-road.15780/page-106#post-332665

I was far from being the only forum member to open a case with Strava to have your account shut down, and emailing links to this forum and the above threads, secured that account closure. Within one of those threads, Tilson summed everything up about you quite eloquently and correctly.

says im full of * and blocks me now that is funny ;) and now wants to block any thread i post in as well it seems and as there is no option for that is not posting any more o dear what a sad little bitter old man he really is.
At least you were consistent from start to finish. The only thing missing is the bad language that has been removed/edited out.

I have too many other events to organise to get dragged into a game of ping pong with this, just play in front of a mirror you want to do that. I have responded to the comments left, and have said all that I intend to.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my account has not bee shut down or do want proof of that as well haha:p and i dont need a crank puller and can prove that as well shows how much you know.

DSC_0573.JPG

and the panasonic cells the same i have that tesla use in the model s class has a warranty of 8 years and costs 12 quid more and was recommended buy insat.

its all so funny that you can go to that much effort to reply that you dont even say why you started this thread in the first place pmsl.

your reply i guess says it all.

if you dont like dongles and electric bikes that are not uk road legal i guess you best go some where else. as you are the one in the slim minority on this forum.

[content removed by admin - language/personal insults. Please agree to disagree without inflammatory remarks]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Offensive Language
Reactions: EddiePJ

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Since there isn't a (software) option to ignore entire threads I may as well close this one. As others have said, just move along to something else is the best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers