Intuvia question

Akulaking

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2018
Hi, just bought a Cube with an Intuvia unit, the bike is two years old, but has only done 400 miles, yet the battery used hours says 100. That seems to be too many hours for the mileage, or am I missing something.
According to the blurb neither odometer nor hours used can be reset. The chap I bought it from said it had a new battery under warranty after 12 months, but I can’t see that that would affect anything.
Any ideas chaps?

Quarryjmiller

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2015
Hi, just bought a Cube with an Intuvia unit, the bike is two years old, but has only done 400 miles, yet the battery used hours says 100. That seems to be too many hours for the mileage, or am I missing something.
According to the blurb neither odometer nor hours used can be reset. The chap I bought it from said it had a new battery under warranty after 12 months, but I can’t see that that would affect anything.
Any ideas chaps?
Where did you get the hours used figure from? Has it been connected to a Bosch diagnostic computer or is this your interpretation of something found in the Intuvia display?

Akulaking

Jul 9, 2018
Where did you get the hours used figure from? Has it been connected to a Bosch diagnostic computer or is this your interpretation of something found in the Intuvia display?
Well I’m interpreting the ‘power on hours’ in the config settings as hours used. If the power is on the battery is being used. Or am I misinterpreting something?

Reactions: atheo

Akulaking

Jul 9, 2018
Perhaps I have misunderstood. Found some info on an internet manual,
– “Power-on hours”: Indicates the total travel duration with the eBike (not changeable).
Still seems strange that 400 miles equals 100 power on hours.
Can anyone else check to see how their mileage compares to their power on hours? Thanks.

StewC

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2016
Lancing, on the South Downs.
I've just checked mine, its been on for 297 hours and I've covered 1366 miles, so just over 4mph average speed, similar to your readings.
My rides generally average around 14mph, so I'm thinking the "Power on" hours includes charging time. I generally charge my battery on the bike, so the system is powered on.
So if it takes 4 hours to charge fully, you get 2-2.5 hours ride time, covering around 25-30 miles, that give a total average speed between 4-5 mph, of "power on" time.

Akulaking

Jul 9, 2018
I've just checked mine, its been on for 297 hours and I've covered 1366 miles, so just over 4mph average speed, similar to your readings.
My rides generally average around 14mph, so I'm thinking the "Power on" hours includes charging time. I generally charge my battery on the bike, so the system is powered on.
So if it takes 4 hours to charge fully, you get 2-2.5 hours ride time, covering around 25-30 miles, that give a total average speed between 4-5 mph, of "power on" time.
That makes sense, thanks for checking.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Hmmmm. Doesn’t make sense to me. Why would they want to add together the times when power is being drawn and being pumped in?
Mike

Akulaking

Jul 9, 2018
Hmmmm. Doesn’t make sense to me. Why would they want to add together the times when power is being drawn and being pumped in?
Mike
Depends how literally you take the term ‘power on hours’ I guess. The battery is active whether its being charged or discharged, so is in a power on condition. I don’t know, just guessing.

Advertisers