Is it possible to derestrict Volt bikes?

BobbyBrown

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 24, 2018
I have two volt Pulse bikes with the C1 display. From various bits of information I have found, including the link on the controller to disconnect which in itself has made no difference. I have got into menu three using the code 2962 but there are two other menus that the code does not work on. Anybody had any look yet?
No need to disconnect wires, do the following:

Turn on bike
Hold up and down for 2 sec
When in menu up and down again
2962 is the password
Menu 6 - should say sys. Press mode
Press mode again until you see max speed and change, I’ve done 40

Then hold menu to go back to the main screen (the one you normally use when your riding)
Hold up and down again to get into the general menu.
Hold mode and down for 2 seconds to enter general settings
Password is 0512
Change your speed (LS) at which you want the motor to cut out. I’ve done 32 I think

BobbyBrown

Dec 24, 2018
p.s. with the C2 controller you need a dealer card to get into the menus, from there you can edit the same settings to make the bike go faster.

For anyone thats interested:
C2 controller,

hold + and - to get into general settings.
from there hold the mode button and - to get into menu 1 (you need a dealer card) where you can change the limit speed
return to the general settings then press mode and + to get into menu 2 (again need a dealer card) where you can turn off the speed at which pedal assist cuts out (should be set at the same speed as limit speed to avoid any conflict with the controller)

gazz27

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2019
No need to disconnect wires, do the following:

Turn on bike
Hold up and down for 2 sec
When in menu up and down again
2962 is the password
Menu 6 - should say sys. Press mode
Press mode again until you see max speed and change, I’ve done 40

Then hold menu to go back to the main screen (the one you normally use when your riding)
Hold up and down again to get into the general menu.
Hold mode and down for 2 seconds to enter general settings
Password is 0512
Change your speed (LS) at which you want the motor to cut out. I’ve done 32 I think
Thanks but I checked all that Max Speed in both Menu 6 and LS are were both set to 40 as standard. Tried with link disconnected also and no difference in speed. Assist drops of around 15mph and stops totally around 16.5mph. Any other thoughts? In the Juicy manual it mentions adjusting the 4 speed levels which is missing in the C1 menu unless its in the other two menus I can't access. Its an early 2018 model.

BobbyBrown

Dec 24, 2018
Seems strange, my C1 is from middle '18 and I've got it to a steady 20 with pedal assist. Also know someone else who has used the above to increase their limit speed.

gazz27

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Seems strange, my C1 is from middle '18 and I've got it to a steady 20 with pedal assist. Also know someone else who has used the above to increase their limit speed.
Did you look at the controller behind the cover. Mine has a white loop cable which I tried unplugged and also a singe unplugged red/black wire, not sure what that is for.

BobbyBrown

Dec 24, 2018
No, didn’t need to, increasing the pas limit speed worked. Didn’t want to start prodding around to be honest

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Level 1 menu is 0512. Doesn’t let you do a lot there either. The link in the controller (white wires on mine) allows the throttle to work up to full speed (15mph) when disconnected.

gazz27

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Level 1 menu is 0512. Doesn’t let you do a lot there either. The link in the controller (white wires on mine) allows the throttle to work up to full speed (15mph) when disconnected.
Have you any other suggestions, all set to 40mph as standard where I can find it. White wire disconnected.

jradley

Jan 9, 2019
Have you any other suggestions, all set to 40mph as standard where I can find it. White wire disconnected.
from personal experience with my alpine x, white wire made no difference and derestricting in LCD did nothing either. I hooked up a new controller and restriction came off that way.

BobbyBrown

Dec 24, 2018
from personal experience with my alpine x, white wire made no difference and derestricting in LCD did nothing either. I hooked up a new controller and restriction came off that way.
Which controller did you buy?

Chris42h

Jul 15, 2019
I have an older Volt Pulse with the below LCD screen, see picture, is there any way to derestrict these?

The most I seem to be able to do is alter the wheel size by holding the menu (middle left) button for a few seconds. I've tried every other button combination I can think of.

kent

Just Joined
Aug 12, 2019
I recently bought a new Ecoride Ambassador EXT 7-vxl Spintech C2, it seems to have the same trotthle solution as the older Ecoride ambassador/City,urban( i got one), on EXT u just have to disconnect a small withe and black cable at the controllerbox, on the older one it was a black & yellow cable, then u just can gas u away and rest ur artros knees for a while.
My EXT does 27 km/h and its totally ok for me, i mostly need the throttle function when im getting up & away.
To increese the speedlimit on EXT u need to have a servicecard to log in to the menys (not impossible to get if u know a bicykeldealer:D).
On EXT there is a thumbtrottle on the left side and i must say i liked the older solution with the gashandle on the rigt side.
And when u have the sideplate at the controlbox space off its smart to seal it with silicone and also seal all the holes where the cables come in, no water in that space will make the elektronics hold mutch longer, its a big space around the cables for water to come in.

Chris42h

Jul 15, 2019
If I ever manage to get the screws out of the control box space cover I will look at trying your suggestion. So far I've only managed to release 1 of them and strip the heads on 2 others.

Chris42h

Jul 15, 2019
The screws on my bike are Phillips style cross heads made from quite a soft steel that are starting to show signs of corrosion. Think I'm going to have to drill, retap and replace with some decent screws.

kent

Just Joined
Aug 12, 2019
ahhh been there, i have used a dremmel sometimes and carefully made them Slotted pan.

Dazan

Just Joined
Mar 30, 2020
p.s. with the C2 controller you need a dealer card to get into the menus, from there you can edit the same settings to make the bike go faster.

For anyone thats interested:
C2 controller,

hold + and - to get into general settings.
from there hold the mode button and - to get into menu 1 (you need a dealer card) where you can change the limit speed
return to the general settings then press mode and + to get into menu 2 (again need a dealer card) where you can turn off the speed at which pedal assist cuts out (should be set at the same speed as limit speed to avoid any conflict with the controller)
Hi late to the party I know , is it possible to buy the dealer card anywhere? great info and wouldn't mind upping to 20 if possible but don't know any dealers so any advice would be appreciated . Thanks.

Gammelkorv

Just Joined
Oct 5, 2022
Hi late to the party I know , is it possible to buy the dealer card anywhere? great info and wouldn't mind upping to 20 if possible but don't know any dealers so any advice would be appreciated . Thanks.
Very late to the party :p, but would like to know the same

Advertisers