Is it safe to connect a 40W elecric blanket to my ebike battery?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
they have never done this they just hand over the package and shows delivered on the tracking, when i got my mavic wheels they left them on the table outside in the fron garden :rolleyes: they only cost £900.
Maybe my delivery drivers are probationers or something? There has been many a rough photo of me taken in my doorway.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
yet i got this in 8 days from china and come today via evri.
View attachment 49775

it is for my m8s bafang see if it can stop the chain flying off off road, but i will never use RM again and there a bloody rip off as well.
On my much lower powered Bafang, the chain can very very occasionally jump off the chainwheel, when going from high torque on high gear, to low torque on a much lower gear.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but you could put 8 gfx cards in it as got 160 lanes :p

6tb of ddr5 will be eye watering like the price of a house :oops:

Reactions: guerney

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
Did they say that they could have helped you, if you had sent the receipts by recorded delivery? Depending on the item's value, I would have chased the Royal Mail through Small Claims Court.
No, the complete call was like talking to a child. He just kept saying I need to send the original paperwork. It was like his template answer sheet just sent him back to his original question.

Fortunately it was a low value item (£20). From my perspective I got the correct item eventually and wasn't out of pocket. I did suggest the small claims court to the seller but I have no idea if he followed up on it.

Interesting about the photo evidence mentioned on another post, I had a delivery from Evri. I had a package delivered and the Delivery Email showed a distant photo of myself working in the garden from behind with an impressive "Builders Bum". Not sure if facial recognition would have found it useful in the event of a dispute. :cool:

TTFN
John.

• :D
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
A well insulated space, which could be a single room within a house, or an insulated shed, with a decent sized south facing window will be amply heated during sunny daylight hours. Including within the insulated space 'thermal mass' will soak up daytime solar gain and keep you warm during the dark hours. The window needs to be high spec double glazing, and curtained during darkness for best effect.

This is the sad thing about UK housing: this is basic physics and sensible design, does not have to be expensive, but for best results has to be done at the design and build stage.
What's the definition of "amply heated"? What some people in cool Nordic countries in their houses of cool design can bear, isn't the same as what older unhealthy people in the UK can tolerate without becoming ill or dead. Plus they're forever jumping in and out of saunas. How warm exactly is "amply heated" anyway? Care homes are kept uncomfortably hot for good reason - residents tend to die when heating is ample for normal healthy younger people. They lose large numbers of people every year to the flu.

Central heating has been off for hours, and the 40W GuerneyWarmerator™ Lite has no problem keeping me sweaty in 15 degrees Centigrade...

...but I think it would be wise to use a 70W GuerneyWarmerator™ Max, for more certain and thorough warmeration when situated in my sub-zero garden - I'd hate to go to all the trouble of soldering a 25A 36V to 12V converter to my bike battery and connect a pure sine wave inverter to that, cycle out there, get cold, switch on the 40W, only to discover 40W wasn't enough. So a cheapo £36.99 king sized 70W electric blanket will also be required for absolute certainty of a true warmeraritational state.

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Depends on... size and spec of the window, size of the room, level of insulation and ventilation. It can all be calculated.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Those modified sinecwave convertors would be fine .. I didn't want to complicate my previous post by including the fact that the standard electric blankets need AC because the thermostat in them will be using Thyristors If I were doing this I would be tempted to just use a knackered car battery .,if the heater were static.
Now seems a good opportunity to ask an electronic lecturer why modified sine wave inverters can cause problems for some appliances which contain thyristors, but if the answer is absurdly obvious, please feel free to ignore the question.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
After more testing with central heating completely switched off, I've found that when my blood sugar is extremely low (not eating for 18 hours gets blood sugar extremely low [intermittent fasting]), a 40W electric blanket quite doesn't produce enough heat, when the room is at 13 degrees centigrade. It'll have to be the 70W king sized version for the garden. I've turned the heating back on, testing is over for now... but I'll still use this 40W electric blanket and sleeping bag to reduce my gas bill, and to thoroughly warm my toes, because they love it.

Last edited:

Advertisers