JST / SM / DJ connector sources

RustBuster

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2022
Hello all

I have purchased a new controller.

It has various plugs on the ends of the wires, which I will need to obtain the counterparts to.

What /where is the best source for these (I am in the UK) ?

They are described as SM-3A / SM-5A / SM-2Y / SM-3Y / DJ7061-2.8-21 .

There are also some bullet connectors, described as DJ211-4B and DJ221-4B.

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The sma's are made by jst company china, ebay or various such sites should sell them. The dj7061 is an automotive connector again commonly used on ebikes again one just has to search for them. cost about £2 - £3 each.

Chop the bullets off and solder an xt30 or xt60 on instead.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi
Try here
He hasn't got julet cable ends so not much use him unless he is going in for major soldering on both sides of the wiring, he has got block connector's.

RustBuster

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2022
The sma's are made by jst company china, ebay or various such sites should sell them. The dj7061 is an automotive connector again commonly used on ebikes again one just has to search for them. cost about £2 - £3 each.

Chop the bullets off and solder an xt30 or xt60 on instead.
Hello NealH

Thank you for your reply and the information. This is the controller:

As to looking on Ebay - yes, I done that, and other places, but i was wondering if they are all of equal quality, or whether some should be avoided. Guess they are all the same then.

"Chop the bullets off and solder an xt30 or xt60 on instead." - I wondered about chopping and soldering, but had a concern that perhaps the heat travelling back up the wire might hurt the internals of the controller. Guess not then. So if soldering is going to be ok - i could take that approach to all the terminals, and in fact, could dispense with terminals all together, but instead connect to the ancillaries via solder and heat-shrink. Or, connect it all up via those old-fashioned screw terminals , e.g. this sort of thing:

Cheers

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The bullest supplied and fitted tend to be poor for the battery connectio. If one wants bullets then the gold ones are best or as most do , use an xt or anderson power pole.
The sm connectors are all much a like and fairly generic fit wise.

Advertisers