Just purchased ex demo Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 500

bbqforce10

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2017
devon
Well after months of deliberating I have just finally purchased an ex-demo 2018 Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 500.
I'm collecting it from the local Evans Cycles next week.
It was a great price and has only been "very lightly used for a short distance".
I'm slightly anxious with it being an ex-demo bike but after asking, Evans have confirmed that the battery and motor will have the Cube 2 year warranty so that puts me at ease somewhat.
Can anyone tell me how I can check the total miles the bike has done?
Are there any ways of checking battery condition?
I have the option of rejecting the bike when I go to collect it so just want to know if there is anything in particular anyone can advise to look out for?
It all looks in good condition from the pictures.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
What sort of display does it have? The Intuvias have an odometer on them (but of course that can be swapped).

Last edited:

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
These sorts of motors and batteries are generally good for thousands of miles. I doubt an ex-demo has done that many.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
There are guys and girls on here who have done thousands of miles on their eBikes, and some of them pretty harshly too... with no problems.

Biggest issue you will have, is if you plough it through water sand and mud, like a normal bike, that will destroy your motor bearings pretty quickly.

Remember it's not waterproof, and it is an electric motor, so don't go power washing it.

Mine is exactly the same bike with 2000 odd mile on it..... no problems whatsoever.

Enjoy.

Related Articles

Advertisers