Kalkhoff Agutta Electrical Control problem

horse

Just Joined
Feb 22, 2021
I am helping a neighbour out who has a problem where the two mains cables coming out from his LCD Display to the handle bar switches and the main bike controller, are broken.
The 3 wires from the switches are Brown, White & Green. The cable into the display are Yellow, Green & Black. The 4 pin connector is also broken at both ends. Does anyone have schematic or list of colours or connections for this please. I found a teardown of the LCD display which is a SMART Bluetooth MU170517005 which appears to be a Dayton Industries DE48X E-bike computer at https://fccid.io/O4GDE48X/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-3388513 But that only gives me its internal connections.

Attachments

rogers827

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2019
Hi,
did you ever get to he bottom of the wiring connections on the Evo
MU170517005 display. I have a similar problem where the main 4 wire cable has been torn from both sides of the QR plug and the colours each side do not match? Any info would be most helpful. Thanks

dlwest

Just Joined
Jun 26, 2022
Hi rogers827,
That's mine problem as well. I've figured out there are 12V, GND, CANH and CANL wires that are in between of the display and the motor.

Motor side:
Yellow GND
Green, Brown CAN
White 12V (curious what's your voltage there?)

Display side:
Brown GND
Red 12V
Black, white are for CAN

I haven't recovered the CAN bus polarity yet. There's SN65HVD1040 CAN transceiver in the battery to where the CAN bus goes as well.

Can you please check if your battery has 33-42V on its output terminals right away (not plugged in, but waked up)? Looks like mine awaits for some command to engage the BMS switch.
Thanks!

rogers827

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2019
Hi & thanks for the response. Unfortunately I do not have access to the bike so can not take the requested readings. It is a bike I am thinking of buying to repair but the seller has stopped replying to my emails. If I get any further I will let you know.

Regards

Advertisers