Kalkhoff battery replacement - supplier details

gesanners

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 26, 2010
My 2012 Agattu powerpack was supposed to be good for 1000+ charges. In reality I charged the battery no more than twice a week over a 3 year period. 150 weeks x 2 charges = 300. I haven't even allowed for 6 weeks a year when the bike was little used or not used at all as I was on holiday. The battery has become very unreliable and cuts out completely after a short distance.
After much deliberation I've bought a new battery. My options (from 50 cycles) were -
17ah - £795
15ah - £595
11ah - £395
I went to ebay and Amazon, did some research and found a company called Telstar in Germany who provide a 13ah battery for £310 including delivery. This is the largest capacity battery they sell.Mine arrived within 3 days. 50 cycles don't sell a 13 ah battery, if the did it would cost £495 based on the above.

I've been out for a 10 mile ride today and all was well. I'll update my findings in a few weeks, I hope the information might prove useful to someone else in a similar predicament.

Gerry.

Daskino

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2008
My 2012 Agattu powerpack was supposed to be good for 1000+ charges. In reality I charged the battery no more than twice a week over a 3 year period. 150 weeks x 2 charges = 300. I haven't even allowed for 6 weeks a year when the bike was little used or not used at all as I was on holiday. The battery has become very unreliable and cuts out completely after a short distance.
After much deliberation I've bought a new battery. My options (from 50 cycles) were -
17ah - £795
15ah - £595
11ah - £395
I went to ebay and Amazon, did some research and found a company called Telstar in Germany who provide a 13ah battery for £310 including delivery. This is the largest capacity battery they sell.Mine arrived within 3 days. 50 cycles don't sell a 13 ah battery, if the did it would cost £495 based on the above.

I've been out for a 10 mile ride today and all was well. I'll update my findings in a few weeks, I hope the information might prove useful to someone else in a similar predicament.

Gerry.
thank for the tip, i will check it out

Advertisers