Kalkhoff Impulse EVO RS

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Just bought a second hand Kalkhoff Integrale i8 with the Impulse EVO RS as an upgrade to my wife's cube with puny bosch active (40nm)

On initial test, the torques sensor is set way too high, I've got lung problems and cannot use this the way it is.

I have noticed though, there are two possible relevant settings in the menu.

They are "Climb Assist" (1-7) and "Ride Profile" (Relax/Regular/Dynamic)

Anyone come across these or has any suggestions before I go trialling and erroring on the turbo trainer.

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
No luck with the climb assist or ride profile settings. Only really getting assist in top level and if I really stand on the pedals. Doesn't seem right to me.

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
No luck with the climb assist or ride profile settings. Only really getting assist in top level and if I really stand on the pedals. Doesn't seem right to me.
Robwalley - I had a similar problem recently with my new Image 5.i. Check the shift sensor settings and put them to 150ms. I did that and it reset the crank sensor.

robwalley

Pedelecer
Apr 17, 2012
Gloucester
Robwalley - I had a similar problem recently with my new Image 5.i. Check the shift sensor settings and put them to 150ms. I did that and it reset the crank sensor.
Knackered motor, but Kalkhoff replaced for free after 3 years and 5000 miles, cannot complain about the customer care, they didn't have to do this except the Evo has a bad reputation for failure.

Advertisers