Kalkhoff Pro Connect Impulse 2 Fault

Wilsmck

Just Joined
Sep 4, 2020
hi my Pro Connect which although 3.5 years old has only covered around 650 miles. Recently without warning I was going to go out on the bike but have suddenly found no power from the motor whatsoever. The battery is fully charged and the LED display lights up so there is power getting there. The LED display shows a battery outline but it is not filled in as was usual. All red LEDs on the battery light up when checked. I have checked out the obvious connections on the motor and sprayed them with connection fluid to no avail. I have read a lot of comments online about Impulse 2 - I have written to Kalkhoff who were not interested in helping and the local dealer where I bought the bike didnt seem to have much idea of what might be wrong. I am hoping that someone may recognise the fault and I have added a photo of the LED. Up until now this has been a great bike which still looks like new so seems a complete shame if it needs to be sold for spares. Thanks William.Impulse 2 fault.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There are only a couple of things to check. Take the LCD off and clean all the contacts. Secondly, check that the contacts on the battery connector are OK.

I've seen the battery displays go empty like that when the LCD can't communicate with the controller. It might be worth checking that the LCD cable isn't damaged. After that, I'd be opening up the motor.

Advertisers