Kalkhoff Tasman

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
Hi all

I have a Kalkhoff Tasman Classic. A great bike which I've had for just over two years.

Last October I had a problem where the handlebar display was blank but the drive and selection worked fine.

However today, I have discovered that the display is working correctly but there is no drive assist.

I have contacted 50 Cycles for any assistance they can give but I wonder if anyone on this forum has had similar problems.

And more importantly, how the problem was solved.

John

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
To close this down, it seems that there was a motor problem and 50 Cycles have replaced the motor despite the fact that my cycle is almost 2 months out of warranty.

I got my cycle back yesterday and have been out on it today. It's a different bike entirely which leads me to believe that there has been a problem of some kind for some time.

However many thanks to 50 Cycles (and especially Joe Kneip) who have been extremely attentive, have communicated well and turned the bike around quite quickly.

I have posted about less expensive bikes but in getting my cycle road ready yesterday it gave me time to have a good look over it and I have to say that all components are in great condition, there is no corrosion, the only blemishes are my own doing and all in all, the cycle is ageing well. I know the motor failure is a big issue but 50 Cycles have dealt with it and to be fair, how many people have bought a new car and had something go wrong which disabled it.

Well done 50 Cycles.

Advertisers