kT-LCD 3 settings help please

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
I have now managed to put all the items I got from PSW power , on my bike the problem I have is, with no load i.e. Wheel off the ground I can push the thumb throttle to full and the wheel turns at 19 mph " I took the 30% limiter wire off " however when I'm on the bike riding and I press the throttle full on the bike jumps and stops but if I press slowly then build up speed it's ok , now before on other bikes if I pushed the throttle then the bike would just build up speed on it's own so my question is are there setting that I can use that will make this control unit work with sense and not just think I want to rocket away like a mad man as I don't , it's a 36v bike 250w front motor, thanks if you can help I do have all the instructions for getting into the settings but don't want to just start changing them without knowing it is going to help

D

Deleted member 4366

Probably P1 needs setting. it's the number of magnets in your motor times the reduction ratio. exactly what motor do you have.

Don't give full throttle if the motor doesn't go or you'll blow the controller.

There's also the possibility that you have the wrong connection sequence. The controller colours don't always match your motor, so colour to colour doesn't always work. There's 36 combinations to try.

Reactions: Swinman

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Thanks for that the bike is a benelli city fold there's not much info on the motor it only has 3 wires blue yellow green, as for the lcd3 to the control unit they were purchased as a set so the 5 wire connection block plugs straight into each other , re the p1 setting I agree but how can I find out how many magnets I have in the motor ?

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to identify the motor. When I saw the first Benellis, they were all Bafang Motors, but that was three years ago.

Did I understand you right that your motor and controller are sensorless?

D

Deleted member 4366

It's an Aikema motor, but the photo doesn't show the size. What's the diameter?

D

Deleted member 4366

That's a Q100 then. The correct P1 number would be 201.6, but it doesn't do decimals. I don't know how it works. Try 202 and 201. if they don't work, try 160. After that, just try random numbers to see if you can find a better one. the different numbers affect how smoothly the motor runs throughout the range.

I still think that you most likely have a false positive on the connection sequence.

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Thanks I'll try what you have suggested, re the possibility of the false positive with only 3 wires from the motor colours match, what other wire could be wrong?

D

Deleted member 4366

Sorry, I keep forgetting. You can't have a wrong connection sequence when sensorless. That's very unusual to not have hall wires on the motor. Are you absolutely sure that there's not a separate connector for the halls?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
201.6 or try 201/202 .o_O.
Obviously those figures aren't plucked out of thin air.
So what is the formula for calculating P1 d8veh ?

rich_r

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2017
North Yorkshire
As it says in the manual: it's the number of motor magnet poles multiplied by the reduction ratio. Obviously you need to find those figures from the manufacturer's data for the motor which can take some searching.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As it says in the manual: it's the number of motor magnet poles multiplied by the reduction ratio. Obviously you need to find those figures from the manufacturer's data for the motor which can take some searching.
Quite correct, I'm being a bit dim at the mo as a bit knackered after my 70 mile ride out today.
12.6 x 16 = 201.6.

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
So I've been out 2 hours and tried every setting from 30-255 the only ones that helped a bit were 123-125 and around 190 but at no time did it work without cutting power at some point , so now I have a few thoughts, 1 reconnect the 30% power reduction wire it's white , 2 take the wheel off open it and count the magnets, 3 if anyone knows any other setting that may help solve the problem, thanks if anyone can help

D

Deleted member 4366

It could be that you're over-loading the battery. What's the controller's maximum current and what battery do you have? Does it work OK on pedal assist levels 1 to 4?

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
The battery is a sealed unit 36v 11.4ah , the problem is just the same on pedal assist, if I build up slowly then it will work fine on throttle or pedal but if I have it in level 5 pedal ass the it cuts out and as I said if I push the throttle full on it will go a bit but as soon as it hits 30v or more on the display it cuts out
This controller is sensorless controller, so just have three big cable for motor wire If you motor have 8pcs wires or 9pcs wires, you just connect the three big cable,also the motor can be run

Parts Including:

24V/36V 250W 6Mosfets 15A Brushless DC Torque Simulation Square Wave Controller (36V or 24V Universal)

It is only Controller. But you can add follow items

LCD Control Panel or LED890,

Follow link is for KT-LCD3/KT-LCD3W/KT-LCD1-USB/KT-LCD2/KT-LCD5/KT-LED890

Wuxing Throttle

Wuxing Brake Lever

PAS or Dual Hall Sensor

Speed Sensor

LED light with speaker and switch

Technical Data:

Input Voltage: DC 24V or 36V (Universal)

Min. Voltage: DC20V/30±0.5V

Max. Current: 15±1A

Speed set: 1-4.2V

Brake Input: Low-Level

Size: 85x53x31mm

Color: Silver

Weight: g

6 pcs stronger MOSFET

Applicatoin: Max. 36V /48V 250W

D

Deleted member 4366

Hang on. What do you mean by 30v or more? it's a 36v battery. It shouldn't go that low. If you mean 30v or less, You should expect it to cut out there. the question is what's it doing at 30v.? Does it go to 42v when you charge it up?

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Sorry, on the display it shows the voltage going up as you press the throttle and as soon as it goes over 30 and it has shown 38 it will cut out and drop to nill , on some settings like p67 it will cut out at 17v, it does feel like it gets to much power to quick but as this never happened before with any bike I've had I'm sure there must be a setting or something to solve the cutting out problem, sorry for being a pain your help is much appreciated thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Voltage only goes down when you open the throttle!

Advertisers