LCD-1 Display advanced settings.... what does what?

D

Deleted member 4366

Step 10 helps with the motor timing somehow. If you get it wrong, it can result in rough running. It's the number of magnetic pulses from the motor per revolution = magnets x reduction ratio.

Step 12 is for the speed signal. Zero is the default, where it picks up the signal from a motor hall. If you have a geared motor, your speed will show zeo when freewheeling. If set to 1 some will read the speed from an external speed sensor, otherwise you get the same as zero.
Step 18 is a damping factor for the battery display. The higher the number, the longer it takes to respond to changes in battery voltage. It has no affect on the function of the motor.

• Informative
Reactions: Wheel-E

Dr John C Bullas

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 14, 2015
I guess with step 10 (P1) it is a matter of try it and see? My motor setup has 3 signal wires and 3 winding wires.....reduction ratio ????? rotor "alnico number"??????

Step 12 (P2): I don't have an external speed sensor and 0 suits me!

However my supplier tells me

"About P1,P2,P3,P4 and P5,in general,we set P1 and P2, P1 set 46; P2 set 1"

So I'll adjust the default of 86/0 right now!

P1 = 5 x 28 = 140 if reduction ratio is 1:5 and the pole count is 28:
from: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46608&start=75#p814159

I really need to pull the end cover of the hub motor off and count the windings? And check any gearing
I have an interesting value of 46!

Step 18 (P5) : if the bigger the number the bigger the moving average of voltage?? I'll start small since a more instantaneous response will better show the clout the battery is getting

Thanks for your reply

Dr B

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
most 8-Fun motors have alnico number = 80.
The BPM for example has 16 magnetic poles and reduction ratio of 5:1.

D

Deleted member 4366

Why don't you tell us what motor you have instead of making us guess?

Advertisers