LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

oldlecky

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2018
I am trying to find a manual for this LCD which I bought together with the Brainpower controller. I have the bike running but the speedo only works when the motor is running which is probably due to having no white wire from the hall sensor, I could fit a wheel sensor and connect to the controller but I guess I would have to disable the existing speed read out. I have also found that when I plug anything into the lamp output on the controller I get an error code 8 or 10. Here is what I have on the LCD menu some of which I have worked out:

P01 - 001 to 003 Screen Brightness

P02 – Miles or Kms

P03 - Volts 24/36/48

P04 - Speed Limit

P05 - 0001 or 0002 PAS Level Start up

P06 - Wheel Size

P07 - 0 to 100 ?

P08 - 0 to 100 ?

P09 - 0000 or 0001 Non zero start

P10 – PAS THR or Both

P11 - 1 to 24 ?

P12 - 0 to 5 ?

P13 - 5 to 12 Magnets on PAS ?

P14 – 1 to 20 ?

P15 - 000.0 to 200.0 goes back to 029.0 when motor is used

P16 - 000001 Mile – Cant change this one

P17 - 0001 or 0002 ?

P18 - 50 to 150 ?

P19 - 0001 or 0002

P2 – Backlight on off or switched.

Reactions: grissgray

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I am trying to find a manual for this LCD which I bought together with the Brainpower controller. I have the bike running but the speedo only works when the motor is running which is probably due to having no white wire from the hall sensor, I could fit a wheel sensor and connect to the controller but I guess I would have to disable the existing speed read out. I have also found that when I plug anything into the lamp output on the controller I get an error code 8 or 10. Here is what I have on the LCD menu some of which I have worked out:

P01 - 001 to 003 Screen Brightness

P02 – Miles or Kms

P03 - Volts 24/36/48

P04 - Speed Limit

P05 - 0001 or 0002 PAS Level Start up

P06 - Wheel Size

P07 - 0 to 100 ?

P08 - 0 to 100 ?

P09 - 0000 or 0001 Non zero start

P10 – PAS THR or Both

P11 - 1 to 24 ?

P12 - 0 to 5 ?

P13 - 5 to 12 Magnets on PAS ?

P14 – 1 to 20 ?

P15 - 000.0 to 200.0 goes back to 029.0 when motor is used

P16 - 000001 Mile – Cant change this one

P17 - 0001 or 0002 ?

P18 - 50 to 150 ?

P19 - 0001 or 0002

P2 – Backlight on off or switched.
Sounds similar to mine except mine has the LCD m5, you can probably find the manual on aliexpress that's where mine is. With regards to the speed sensor my suntour hub has the white wire and it doesn't show speed unless running, think thats just how these are which is crap. Also the Speedo was grossly wrong out of the box, there are two parameters for changing this, not sure of how to calibrate it unless I get a bike computer. Mine occasionally likes to take off on it's own, probs just a bad Pas sensor but be careful lol

Reactions: heathenking1

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
I have a Brainpower controller that I am trying to fit to my bike at the moment. The LCD is marked as Model LCD S866.

My motor does not have a white wire running from it, only the red,black, green blue yellow. Can I leave it disconnected? And is the throttle connecting to Red black blue on the controller and PASS to red,black grey.

Lastly, if I have nothing connected to the brakes, it should still run?

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I have a Brainpower controller that I am trying to fit to my bike at the moment. The LCD is marked as Model LCD S866.

My motor does not have a white wire running from it, only the red,black, green blue yellow. Can I leave it disconnected? And is the throttle connecting to Red black blue on the controller and PASS to red,black grey.

It will work, white wire is for speed reading, although it can probably still read the speed from the hall sensor. I think Pas is red black blue and throttle is red black white on mine. It will run without brake sensor but if it's anything like mine don't switch it on tell you're on it because it might shoot off randomly. I think I just have a dodgy Pas sensor though will get round to changing it one day

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have had to give up on the Brainpower controller. We could not get my motor, throttle and PAS to work with it. The motor would just run by itself from the LCD under levels 1,2,3. Nothing else worked. So they have been sent back and now I am waiting for a Kunteng controller that I am told will be more compatible.

Mark Collins

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2018
can anyone help i am new to the ebike world my ebike has a 36 volt 10 ah battery a 36 volt 17amp controller but the manual for the digital dash C500B-LCD Instructions says full power has 6 segments of 2 amps = 12 amps so is the controller delivering 17 amps or 12 amps can anyone advise.
cheers mark

oldlecky

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2018

The white wire is for speed reading if there is no white wire the speed will only display when the motor is powered. I have found very few hub motors have the white wire.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The white wire is for speed reading if there is no white wire the speed will only display when the motor is powered. I have found very few hub motors have the white wire.
Only sensored hubs have internal speed wire , all my sensored hubs have the white wire as do may others, you have to buy the correct one to start with.
When buying a hub if it has a 9 pin motor cable then it will have a speed sensor, older motors which only have a 8 pin cable will not have a speed sensor.

Reactions: gallieo and BobR

Evolaman

Just Joined
Jan 9, 2019
[QUOTE = "Nealh, post: 475877, miembro: 12170"] Solo los concentradores con sensor tienen un cable de velocidad interno, todos mis concentradores con sensor tienen el cable blanco, como muchos otros, usted debe comprar el correcto para comenzar.
Al comprar un hub si tiene un cable de motor de 9 pines, entonces tendrá un sensor de velocidad, los motores más antiguos que solo tienen un cable de 8 pines no tendrán un sensor de velocidad. [/ QUOTE]

Hello , I have this problem , my motor don't have this white wire. Is there any solution please???

Reactions: danielrlee

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
[QUOTE = "Nealh, post: 475877, miembro: 12170"] Solo los concentradores con sensor tienen un cable de velocidad interno, todos mis concentradores con sensor tienen el cable blanco, como muchos otros, usted debe comprar el correcto para comenzar.
Al comprar un hub si tiene un cable de motor de 9 pines, entonces tendrá un sensor de velocidad, los motores más antiguos que solo tienen un cable de 8 pines no tendrán un sensor de velocidad. [/ QUOTE]

Hello , I have this problem , my motor don't have this white wire. Is there any solution please???
Crikey I don't remember writing all that in Spanish :p.
If you have the hall sensor white plug with six wires and the white is unused then you can make use of it for speed sensing.
Buy and fit a normal e- bike (3 wire) speed sensor with spoke magnet, speed sensor will have hall sensor inside.
The wiring is usually red 5v, black gnd & colour signal (could be white, green, blue etc).
You will need an opposite sm3 connector (male or female) and a length of 3 wire wire, rc servo wire will be ok or you can solder and insulate the wiring directly.
Pick up the 5V from any 5v feed from the controller wiring , so splice in to throttle, pas or even the red on the hall block or you could solder and take one direct from the controller pcb and this connects to speed sensor 5v position.
Do the same for Gnd, pick up from any Gnd or off the pcb and connect to speed sensor Gnd position.
The third wire connects to spare pin out/white in the hall sensor block and then connects to third coloured wire of the speed sensor position.
With adjustment of lcd setting you should get an ODO reading on the lcd, dependant on the lcd make.

By the way Evolaman, welcome to the forum :).

Last edited:

Evolaman

Just Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Hello and thanks for your attention.

But my problems is , I don't have the white wire . My motor have 8 wires ... Any solution for that??

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello and thanks for your attention.

But my problems is , I don't have the white wire . My motor have 8 wires ... Any solution for that??
Yes you only have the 8 wires on the motor lead and you don't have a hall plug with the white wire that goes to the controller ?
It isn't really possible to add internal speed (hall) sensor to a hub but you can add a separate external wheel speed sensor if a speed wire can be picked up from the controller.
Most hall plugs have the spare white wire if it is not to old.

Take a picture of your controller and hall plug.
A picture of the controller pcb may help as there might be a speed jumper wire inside which you could solder to.

Joldert

Just Joined
Jan 11, 2019
I have connected the lcd 866 with a brainpower controller, but get error code 10 (communication reception error). When I connect the intelligent identification wires the motor does run. Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of the error?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Comm's error could be incomatabilty of controller and lcd.
Bad wiring connection or a fault between the three components.

mokikoki

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Hi, I have exactly the same problem as Jolder! I bought it in aliexpress! I check the cables conections and look fine! If anyone knows,,,
thanks

Tiddo

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2019
I also use the s866. Mine keeps displaying error e07, but everything works fine. How do i get rid of the error?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Error codes usually only disappear when the fault is rectified.
It also may be programming/software error in which case you are stuck with it.

E7 is motor failure !!!
Check you motor wire connection is pushed home all the way.

Try disconnecting everything and reconnect again.

Reactions: Tiddo

Sinan

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2019
Hello, i have an FIIDO D2 e-bike an like to mount the S866 controller to my e-bike.
But i dont know how to conect the Pas to the S866 controller.

here a video link how i mount the controller...

http://sendvid.com/xifxa1me

if someone can help it will be realy nice...

thank you

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello, i have an FIIDO D2 e-bike an like to mount the S866 controller to my e-bike.
But i dont know how to conect the Pas to the S866 controller.

here a video link how i mount the controller...

http://sendvid.com/xifxa1me

if someone can help it will be realy nice...

thank you
The PAS doesn't connect to the lcd s886, it is connected to the electronic controller which is the metal box with all the wiring.

Reactions: Delta Pete

Advertisers