Limiting number of posts?

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
No need.
The issue is arguments where no one listens and both sides are point scoring.
That needs to stop.
Banter is different as is connect the red wire to positive of the meter stuff.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
From someone who's been here for just over two months...I find that an odd question! Maybe start your own website?

EDIT...I seem to see your posts in alot of arguments on here, most people (like me) try to gauge the forum before jumping in with both feet

Bjorgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
uk
Interesting concept, kinda like the genie in the lamp, i grant you three posts on this thread!
Unworkable and if you dont mind me saying, an absolutely stupid idea, i ask a question and 8 people answer me, i can only interact twice? not to mention thanking them.
Flud, the forum works fine as it is, it will sort itself out in time, they always do, if you dont like what someone says just red X them if it makes you feel better, even better, not a feature i would ever use but you could always put them on iggy?
Every thread i read on here lately ends up a bitchfest, but you know what? i actually enjoy reading it..kinda spices the place up a bit ;)

Mar 9, 2016
Interesting concept, kinda like the genie in the lamp, i grant you three posts on this thread!
Unworkable and if you dont mind me saying, an absolutely stupid idea, i ask a question and 8 people answer me, i can only interact twice? not to mention thanking them.
Flud, the forum works fine as it is, it will sort itself out in time, they always do, if you dont like what someone says just red X them if it makes you feel better, even better, not a feature i would ever use but you could always put them on iggy?
Every thread i read on here lately ends up a bitchfest, but you know what? i actually enjoy reading it..kinda spices the place up a bit ;)
No , I,m actually reasonably happy with mechanics. Just knocking ideas about.There are quite a few leaving, left and threatening similar.
Might be a good idea to post in a way we,d speak to one another face to face. Sort if politely, yet still making point.
Any ideas , even stupid ones ?
But on the enjoying the " hassle" ,I,d guess traffic through site is way up during heated argument..suspect most actually enjoy it.

Bjorgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
uk
People come and go as with any other forum, we all need a break sometimes, sure the help/advice/knowledge from people who leave will be missed but in time there will be others to fill their shoes, its the way of the world.
To leave a forum because of one or two people pissing you off is a bit extreme imho but we all should be free to make that choice.
Flud i just think you are trying to sort something that isnt broken (ok maybe a bit) but it will sort itself, it doesnt need name changes, armies of mods or post limits to do that.
Enjoying the hassle is probably the wrong word, lets just say i read all of it and none of it bothers me, ya know?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Anybody think it could be a way forward to limit everybody,s number of posts in a particular thread.
Might stop the back and forth spiralling arguments ?
Each person could post say 2 Or 3 times in a thread. You come in express your opinion and that's it.
Would make us all consider our posts a little more carefully ???
Only an idea ..
No , I,m actually reasonably happy with mechanics. Just knocking ideas about.There are quite a few leaving, left and threatening similar.
Might be a good idea to post in a way we,d speak to one another face to face. Sort if politely, yet still making point.
Any ideas , even stupid ones ?
But on the enjoying the " hassle" ,I,d guess traffic through site is way up during heated argument..suspect most actually enjoy it.
I have considered my response.

In this thread I think two is the the correct maximum number of posts.

Last edited:

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
The kind of bitchin' that's going on killed the old 200mph.org on the www...it was one of the best resources of info and help for Land Speed racers in the UK that was dragged down by petty bickering and chest-beating by a few...I'm getting a feeling of deja-vu on here too...live and let live is an ethos I try to abide by, we all ride e-bikes and share a common interest, shall we all take the mick out of the 33bhp limited learners on motorbikes or scold the 200bhp monsters who can treble the national speed limit...just my tuppence worth...

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
So, someone who has only been on this forum for 2 months and whose posts are almost all whingeing on about stuff, wants to tell everyone what they can and cant do.
I think Steve has hit the nail on the head.....Go start your own forum if you want to set rules and leave us to carry on as we have for years now.

Advertisers