Looking for LiPo pouch cells or a ready made 36v cell pack to fit a silverfish case

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
Following on from my earlier posts in the general discussion area of the forum, I came across this Technical area. Apologies if I was posting my questions in the wrong place, the replies have been very helpful but thought it might be better to carry on in this section.
I have a BatriBike Breeze with a dodgy battery and am wondering about a DIY battery build / re-build. The original battery has 10 LiPo pouch cells, so I'm assuming that the BMS is designed for those cells. The battery case is metal so the pouch cells are well protected.
To be honest, I'd like to keep costs to a minimum, that's why I'm thinking about replacing the pouches, or perhaps getting a 36V 10AH pack that will fit into the old case.

Suggestions and places to buy recommendations welcome!
Thanks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Pouch and prismatic cells are not used anymore. Nearly all cell-packs are 18650s now. There are loads to choose from on Aliexpress and Ebay. Beware of ones that are too cheap. £150 to £200 should be about right. You only have to check for size so that it fits in the case.

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
Thanks for the reply, I've seen a 10AH Yose Power replacement for £159 or a 15AH for £192 on eBay but that's the whole thing including a new Alu case & charger. I was hoping to just get a battery pack that I can slot into the case for a bit less.
Does Aliexpress now include VAT?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
They're OK prices. Buy one of them. It's better to buy o e that will work rather than a block of recycled 18650s covered in blue shrink-wrap.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
I'm totally new to this so please excuse my surprise at the price of batteries. It seems totally odd & wrong cost / environment wise that a new battery pack with Alu case & charger etc can be cheaper than a shrink wrapped set of new, decent batteries. Perhaps the market is too small or the variety of battery pack shapes too high.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
It seems totally odd & wrong cost / environment wise that a new battery pack with Alu case & charger etc can be cheaper than a shrink wrapped set of new, decent batteries. Perhaps the market is too small or the variety of battery pack shapes too high.
That is the same situation with a lot of 'electronic' stuff these days and its been that way for many years.

Unless there is a fairly radical change in tax\VAT schemes its likley to stay that way too.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Welcome to the sometimes confusing world of ebikes, esp. when it comes to batteries. There is a huge variation in prices due to capacity, Ah, brand of cells and where you buy them. That 15 Ah YosePower battery does offer good value, they give an 18 month warranty and you can buy them shipped from the UK in their Ebay shop. Sell the charger on for £20. You can prob. get the same price for your old case and mounting bracket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cancunia

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
Welcome to the sometimes confusing world of ebikes, esp. when it comes to batteries. There is a huge variation in prices due to capacity, Ah, brand of cells and where you buy them. That 15 Ah YosePower battery does offer good value, they give an 18 month warranty and you can buy them shipped from the UK in their Ebay shop. Sell the charger on for £20. You can prob. get the same price for your old case and mounting bracket.
I'm tempted, but here's where I start to get sceptical about these things..

Same item, but £14 cheaper, different seller ID but oddly enough the same seller details down to the UK VAT number, email address & company name / address in China. Maybe the £14 is for the warranty..

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I told you it's a confusing world, no idea why they have 2 Ebay accounts, but YosePower are a trusted seller, so I would buy from ysbatteryuk.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
I went with Yosepower through Amazon.de, coz I'm in Ireland. Silverfish battery came really quick and is working fine, albeit extra delivery charge for here. (I think free delivery only applies to Germany
or mainland). Only snag was that the EU battery charger had a euro plug, so I swap lead from old charger between them.20210801_140313.jpg

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
I was in touch with Yose Power yesterday via web chat on their website. They told me that if you buy their product from an eBay seller , they will help you contact that seller in case of a warranty issue & the seller is no longer on eBay. They also sent me an eBay link to ysbatteryuk , so this is perhaps one of their preferred suppliers. Delivery charges are confusing, there are no charges in Germany but it looks like there may be in the UK, although they told me there were none. They also only sell batteries from their webshop in the UK as opposed to a wider range of products to other countries such as Germany.
Overall, I'm impressed with the customer service from Yose Power, hopefully their batteries will be the same quality.
Is that a Bartibike @MikelBikel ? It looks very similar to mine but I don't have a rear disc brake.

Last edited:

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Is that a Bartibike @MikelBikel ? It looks very similar to mine but I don't have a rear disc brake.
It's a Woosh Gale folder from 2015. Now going on It's 2nd battery. Hope I can get more 'silverfish' battery fittings, so can swap battery between bikes. Got a 28in rear wheel kit on order from Yosepower, tho I wish they did anodised alloy front wheels, so would match front :)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I was in touch with Yose Power yesterday via web chat on their website. They told me that if you buy their product from an eBay seller , they will help you contact that seller in case of a warranty issue & the seller is no longer on eBay. They also sent me an eBay link to ysbatteryuk , so this is perhaps one of their preferred suppliers. Delivery charges are confusing, there are no charges in Germany but it looks like there may be in the UK, although they told me there were none. They also only sell batteries from their webshop in the UK as opposed to a wider range of products to other countries such as Germany.
Overall, I'm impressed with the customer service from Yose Power, hopefully their batteries will be the same quality.
YSbattery UK
YS = Yose! It's the same company.

Cancunia

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2021
YSbattery UK
YS = Yose! It's the same company.
Yose Power & YSbatteryuk have different business email addresses, and different business addresses in China, but as you say, they may well be the same place. I've ordered directly from YosePower. According to Yose on webchat, the battery is coming from Germany but there will be no VAT / Import Issues.

Advertisers