Looking to buy an EMTB

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
How things have changed in a year! I am feeling the desire to return to off road riding, but it seems that as far as the "E" in EMTB goes, everything has changed.
I am looking at some reviews in which of course each manufacturer shows their offerings in the best light but with no bike shops to visit I have no idea which way to go.

Reactions: D C

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Look at https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rio-mtb . Depends a lot on how extreme off-road you want to do and how much you want to pay. Haibike make a lot of emtbs that people seem to like.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Long time no see on the forum Gubbins, welcome back.
Most weight increase is likely larger batteries now being incorporated users wanting more capacity and range with 500- 700wh now appearing more often and 48v making an appearance with Woosh and the new Wisper Wayfarers using 11s power systems.

Reactions: Gubbins

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Look at https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rio-mtb . Depends a lot on how extreme off-road you want to do and how much you want to pay. Haibike make a lot of emtbs that people seem to like.
L am just embarking into my 70s so not too extreme. I already have 2 ebikes that havnt been ridden for over a year due depression and associated stuff, but getting back to normal now, so a nice full sus ( fair weather) go anywhere bike is tempting me back.

Reactions: Artstu

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Long time no see on the forum Gubbins, welcome back.
Most weight increase is likely larger batteries now being incorporated users wanting more capacity and range with 500- 700wh now appearing more often and 48v making an appearance with Woosh and the new Wisper Wayfarers using 11s power systems.
So much has changed it seems so much research needed. Bike shop opens on the 16th so will be having a look. My RM weighs 30k so although the motor does its job negating the weight, stopping it on a fast downhill reminds me it's still there.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
How things have changed in a year! I am feeling the desire to return to off road riding, but it seems that as far as the "E" in EMTB goes, everything has changed.
I am looking at some reviews in which of course each manufacturer shows their offerings in the best light but with no bike shops to visit I have no idea which way to go.
Nice to see you back!

Some things have changed (Bosch have new generation motors, and Haibike have the Flyon), but to be honest, its more of the same old, just with different styling and/or even more integrated batteries.
As you have two ebikes already, maybe some compatibility battery/charger wise might be a deciding factor? are you keeping what you have?

Related Articles

Advertisers