Major problems with Bosch performance system

Ianh_c

Just Joined
Feb 17, 2016
Hi, I am a new member on here but have had to call upon you guys to see if anybody else has suffered with the problems I have suffered.
The bike in question is a cube 140 hpa race with Bosch performance , intuvia and 400 watt battery.
The bike was purchased in May 2015 and within 3 months the battery failed and was replaced by the store.
At the end of November 2015 error code 500 ( internal sensor fault ) displayed on the screen. The bike was taken back to the dealer and 3 weeks later I got it back with a new motor from Bosch.
Last night whilst pushing my bike back into the garage the bike suddenly jolted forward and error code 500 was once again displayed. Error code 500 cuts all power to the motor.
This morning I switched back on and the error code had cleared, I rode around the garden and all was good ...phew !!! Then whilst on the bike stand in the garage the bike wheel suddenly started turning on its own accord then cut out.
This time error code 510 ( internal fault ) showed and all power was cut. I tried resetting the battery by holding down the power button on the battery for 20 secs, I reinstalled the battery , the display showed the speedo etc then the speedo went blank and the display shut its self down. Upon restarting the display no speedo is shown and all 5 of the green LEDs on the battery flash on and off once every 10 secs or so, the display shuts itself down.
This second battery is 6 months old, the second new motor is 11 weeks old and the bike is 9 months old.
I use the bike extensively and it is immaculately maintained regardless of cost, at this rate I will probably have 6 batteries and 6 motors before the warranty is up....losing the bike for 3weeksat at ago awaiting parts.
Your comments would be very welcome.
Ian

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not much you can do other than take it back and get it fixed tbh or ask for a new bike instead or ask for the money back.

i think the cx motor will fit if that is a option they could try fitting one of those??

Reactions: Emo Rider

Ianh_c

Just Joined
Feb 17, 2016
A conversation with not only the store it came from said they were contacting the Bosch rep, up to this time I have heard nothing. They also confirmed that over 400 bikes they have sold only 4/5 have had new motors and certainly never heard of the " unexplainable power to the wheel "
I also spoke to another large Bosch dealer and they too confirmed the low replacement numbers and also had never encountered the power problem....typical !!!!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id ask for a new bike as the dealer cant get a new motor till they send the 1 you have to bosch for a replacement which is nutz tbh.

thus why it takes 3 weeks up side is could get the new cx motor ;)

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Ive 2,000 trouble free miles on my Bosch/cube but if I'd had your problems I'd have thrown the towel in by now and pushed for a completely new replacement bike or a full refund.
If they insist on repairing your existing bike the least I'd expect would be breakdown recovery cover for the rest of its warranty period.
I'd hate to breakdown in the middle of nowhere with miles of unpowered riding or worst still miles of pushing.

Reactions: soundwave

Ianh_c

Just Joined
Feb 17, 2016
UPDATE.
SERIOUS INCIDENT.....
This morning switched on and the display was working correctly, speedo showing, no error code etc. I pushed the walk button and the bike lept up in the air approx 12", raced across my warehouse about 15 feet, collided with storage containers, hit the floor with the rear wheel going at full belt. The wheel stopped and the error code 510 showed, it then shut itself down.
This could have been an extremely serious incident if someone had been standing in front, or even hit a vehicle etc. I hurt my shoulder when it lept into the air., and some smashed storage boxes.. minor to what could have happened.
The bike has been returned to the mtb store ( approx 49 mls away ) and they were astonished what had happened. They plugged the bike in and it showed internal error codes. These were cleared with the programme, the bike was again tested and it stopped with error code 500 again.
The mtb shop have been assured by Bosch that ..quote " that incidents of the bike going by itself cant happen, safety devices prevent this "...well MR BOSCH you are wrong, my bike has done this 3 times now in two days!!
The mtb store are now seeing what parts Bosch now need back to analyse this "cant happen " incident.
Meanwhile no bike again......9 months old 2 batteries, 2 motors, the last being 11 weeks old.

Keep you all updated.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there already hacking it in Germany to add a throttle to it so it can be done via the screen and the walk button.

did you ask for a new bike?

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I would not put a leg over that bike again, a fault like that could put you under a bus or something equally as bad.
I'd hope your bike shop would understand when you ask for your money back, if not I'd be seeking legal advice.

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I find the walk button as good as useless.

You're having an unusual amount problems, have you been upsetting the gremlins?

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
Jeez, mate you need a new bike or failing that, a lawyer.

Why would anyone put up with that? I'd have demanded a replacement or a refund wayyyy before it had come to this!

Good luck....

Ianh_c

Just Joined
Feb 17, 2016
I take all your comments on board, and believe me I am acting on things.
If you notice I have kept the mtb store name out of this because I do not think at this stage knowing who they are would help anyone.
Copies of my total listing here has been sent to Bosch Germany today, the extremely dangerous incidents occurring to my bike should be of paramount concern to them....coz who knows someone could quite easily be killed next.... Not only VERY bad press but a HUGE law suit.
Keep you updated.

Reactions: Emo Rider

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Straight exchange/refund as in warranty and let them figure it out...tell them you've spoke to your brief and they'll soon listen to you.

Reactions: soundwave

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
I take all your comments on board, and believe me I am acting on things.
If you notice I have kept the mtb store name out of this because I do not think at this stage knowing who they are would help anyone.
Copies of my total listing here has been sent to Bosch Germany today, the extremely dangerous incidents occurring to my bike should be of paramount concern to them....coz who knows someone could quite easily be killed next.... Not only VERY bad press but a HUGE law suit.
Keep you updated.
It is good you are keeping the store out of this. After all they did not manufacture the bike. This is a Bosch problem. Having said that, Bosch should be very interested in this fault. It is good that you contacted Bosch directly. Contacting the supplier of a dealer is usually a long way around to getting replies and solutions for unusual problems like this unless they are building the actual bike.

I am sure that with Bosch's drive for quality and reliability, once the reason is found it will be fixed in future models. No manufacturer wants lawsuits and bad press. Keep us posted :)

Advertisers