Moma MTB sensor

MTB-Espana

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2021
Hi all

I have a Moma EMTB and suspect the cadence sensor is faulty as the assist stops and starts, which is really noticeable up hill.

Moma want me to send the bike back to Barcelona to check and replace the part, but they are very slow at doing things, so I’m getting to the point where I’m considering replacing the sensor myself.

I’m not sure what design the sensor I, as Moma won’t say, but it looks to be a 1 piece unit with a 3 wire flat connector.

Are these sensors interchangeable as Moma won’t send me the sensor and the 3 week turn around is too long to be without my bike.

Cheers

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show us a pic of the PAS set up.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If it's a normal cadence sensor, it sits behind the chainwheel. You'll see a magnet disc and a fixed sensor. The disc can be twizzled into the right position. It needs to be a nice even 1mm gap from the sensor. It's might have been knocked out ofposition when you got the bike out of the box.

The sensors are extremely reliable, so I doubt that a new one will fix your problem.

Before anything, check the motor connector if you have one about 20 -30 cm from where the cable comes out of the axle. It must be ALL THE WAY IN to the MARKED line, not just in tight.

MTB-Espana

Aug 4, 2021
i have double checked all the cables, and the are all in tight as well as those that are on the outside of the bike. Those that are not connected are different connector types and all go into the controller. No idea what they are though as cannot find any wiring diagram for that controller.
20210807_151422.jpg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Those sensors do give problems especially if you ride a in all weathers, when they get jammed by grime and the inner piece starts to slip on the shift.

The important connector is the motor connector. Did you check the line?

MTB-Espana

Aug 4, 2021
Those sensors do give problems especially if you ride a in all weathers, when they get jammed by grime and the inner piece starts to slip on the shift.

The important connector is the motor connector. Did you check the line?
Yeah all the cables were fine, it had only done 140km so ended sending it back to Moma a week ago for repairs.

Related Articles

Advertisers