More current wanted, best/cheapest controller with LCD?

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Just done a mild shunt mod on my 6 MOSFET 48v controller to see if there are any gains. Indeed there are, acceleration is noticeably improved and it holds speed on the throttle a little better, and this is just from a thin tinning of solder around the middle. So to make these gains permanent I'm after a 48v 500w controller with 25a current, so far KT seems the most economical, any other options that are reasonably prived

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I'm not aware of any other brands that are in the budget range you require. You may find some that appear different, like the range BMS Battery sell, but these are rebranded KT's. Infineon are a solid brand, but prob. more than you are willing to pay. This one will run upto 72v:D

https://em3ev.com/shop/6-fet-irfb4110-infineon-controller/
KT it is then, can get a 9 MOSFET 25a one with kt LCD 3 for less than 50 quid on AliExpress

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
for less than 50 quid
Yeah, there's nothing to beat the KT's for value really. You've caught the power bug haven't you anon4, well done!!:pYou'll be on 72v before you know it. :DBe interested to see how much power that Suntour hub will take before it melts, be careful:)

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Yeah, there's nothing to beat the KT's for value really. You've caught the power bug haven't you anon4, well done!!:pYou'll be on 72v before you know it. :DBe interested to see how much power that Suntour hub will take before it melts, be careful:)
It still barely gets warm, it seems pretty robust. Besides it's an excuse to upgrade if it catches fire lol

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
OK, thanks AK, I've seen 9 fet KT controllers advertised as sine wave, hence the question. Maybe they're not then.
Don't believe everything you read on Chinese e-commerce sites ;)

d8veh explained in an old post when I was starting out the physics behind needing an even number.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If pics listed with said controllers are of the actual controller sine wave (sensored ) ones can be defined by having hall wires present.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: Sum eese

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Ok so I definitely need a KT controller as they limit current rather than speed with the pas settings. The shunt mod has murdered the battery life, probably robbed it of 8 miles, Pas levels have little effect as it's mostly speed limited, amps are only reduced on impractically low settings. Mind it's hilly and often windy here

Advertisers