soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Electric-Bikes-UK-Dealer/Haibike-sDuro-HardSeven-4.0-2017?filter=16

https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Electric-Bikes-UK-Dealer/Haibike-sDuro-HardSeven-4.0-2017?filter=16

you only get warranty with a dongle if you buy it from martin, no other dealer will do this.

now the forks are shite ect but its something you can upgrade over time as you got something to work with upgrade wise rather it going in the bin.

Looks good. Not too bothered about the dongle at the moment. Just want something that will get me to work reliably and relatively quickly. Dongling it might reduce the range of the battery too much?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you want to floor it then the range will be half but depends how fit and fat you are tbh.

anything over 20mph and it nukes the batt power wise thus why i can flatten a 500w in 1hr 20mins.

no dealer can touch a bosch motor or batt thy cant even remove the case to look at it and has to go back to bosch for a new motor.

turn around is about a week but given no dongle the motor is well over specs for 250w as there all 350w software limited.

• Informative

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Not fat, but as I found out today, definitly not fit!

If it takes an hour and 20 to flatten a 500w, then that's well over the range Id need at 20 mph though ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Looks good. Not too bothered about the dongle at the moment. Just want something that will get me to work reliably and relatively quickly. Dongling it might reduce the range of the battery too much?
if you don't derestrict then your bike will last a lot longer and few things go wrong too. As SW put it, ' like a toys r us bike with a motor and batt.', I don't quite put it in the same way but a bike is essentially two wheels on a frame. Just compare the quality of the wheels and you can guess the rest. Many bikes, including mine, are meant to run on average with 250W. On a derestricted commuter bike, it will run a long time on two, three or even four time the build spec power, no wonder they break, unless the components are specced up for the job.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a bosch 500w batt is £700 and the motors are £650 so you got well over 1k in just those parts alone.

also no dealer can stock a bosch motor so out of warranty you have to send in the motor you have if you needed a new one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you don't derestrict then your bike will last a lot longer and few things go wrong too.
my bike has a dongle from day 1 and well over 3000miles now and i ride it like i stole it :)

the only thing that has broke is the xd hub and got it replaced under the 2 year warranty direct from crank brothers.

tho i never said i was jumping it down hill lol why it broke.

and i lost 1 bolt from the sus as the only one i cant cable tie on £25.

and 2 ses bearings at 10 quid each.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
if you don't derestrict then your bike will last a lot longer and few things go wrong too. As SW put it, ' like a toys r us bike with a motor and batt.', I don't quite put it in the same way but a bike is essentially two wheels on a frame. Just compare the quality of the wheels and you can guess the rest. Many bikes, including mine, are meant to run on average with 250W. On a derestricted commuter bike, it will run a long time on two, three or even four time the build spec power, no wonder they break, unless the components are specced up for the job.
Edited...asking probably not a fair question.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Can i ask, as long as your bikes arent derestricted, do you think they would be okay for what I need to do
yes, I think it is true not just for my bikes, but most bikes.
Within my bikes, the Karoo and the Rio would do 40 miles a day on one full charge.
The Karoo has a rigid fork, the Rio has a fairly good quality RST Omega fork. Both have GXP crankset.
In my experience, a good fork, a good crankset and a good geared hub motor are essential for high mileage.

RST Omega fork:
https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rst-omega-tnl-26-mtb-suspension-fork/aid:340520

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
fairly good quality RST Omega fork.
are you on crack? that fork is toys r us rubbish it wont last its a coil spring and as cheap as it gets and he wants to do 1000s of miles on it?

i even said the forks on the haibike were crap but there you go lol at least they will last him to get better ones.

you cant up grade a bike made of crap everything and stick a batt and motor on it ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122018434932?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

that is a hub motor not the tiny things you use and no wonder they dont last long dumping max amps in to them ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
And you have a 17ah battery lined up for September?
Yes, I paid for the Rio with 17.5AH last week but the Tianjin factory is so busy that they won't ship until July, I'll get them in August.
The Karoo can be fitted with 17.5AH battery from middle of June,

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
are you on crack? that fork is toys r us rubbish it wont last its a coil spring and as cheap as it gets and he wants to do 1000s of miles on it?

i even said the forks on the haibike were crap but there you go lol at least they will last him to get better ones.

you cant up grade a bike made of crap everything and stick a batt and motor on it ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122018434932?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

that is a hub motor not the tiny things you use and no wonder they dont last long dumping max amps in to them ;)
SW, if he has a Fox Float on his Stealth, they'll nick the fork and leave the rest.
If he has a £700 Bosch battery, he'll have to carry it with him wherever he goes.
You are talking utilitarian bikes here, the simpler the better.
BTW, most of bikes under £2k have crappier forks than the Omega..The fork is standard part, he can always swap it for a cheap SR Raidon or a Rockshox Solo Air when the Omega dies.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
SW, if he has a Fox Float on his Stealth, they'll nick the fork.
You are talking utilitarian bikes here, the simpler the better.
so he has to pay over a 1000 quid again for a shite bike that wont do the miles he wants and last as all the parts are so shite no one will rob it hahaha pmsl.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
so he has to pay over a 1000 quid again for a shite bike that wont do the miles he wants and last as all the parts are so shite no one will rob it hahaha pmsl.
he's paying for two wheels on a frame with a motor and a battery that carries him 40 miles a day, You can fit premium rims and spokes but anything flashy will get the bike nicked on the first day.

Advertisers