more trivial battery help please

KeithH

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2013
essex
I need to replace the bottle battery on me Trek conversion. Unfortunately the triangle is rather small. As far as I can tell the 09 bottle will just about fit (I've been playing with cardboard templates) as long as only a little forward movement is required to remove it from the mount. Can anyone tell me how much movement is needed. PLEASE.
Ta Keith

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I need to replace the bottle battery on me Trek conversion. Unfortunately the triangle is rather small. As far as I can tell the 09 bottle will just about fit (I've been playing with cardboard templates) as long as only a little forward movement is required to remove it from the mount. Can anyone tell me how much movement is needed. PLEASE.
Ta Keith
Why not just get your existing battery re-celled by http://www.bga-reworking.co.uk/

Drop Jimmy a line. He'll probably be able to fit better quality batteries in there too!

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

KeithH

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2013
essex
Thanks Fordulike. Plan B sorted!
The reason for thinking of the 09 is its bigger size and therefor potential capacity.
I suffer from extreme "range anxiety", not for only distance but also mobile phone (aka GPS) duration.
I like the idea of the USB socket for charging.
My current battery is a 9AH "bottle". I'm not sure how much capacity could be squeezed in.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Im not at home to measure exactly but I estimate 3cm

Will measure for you over the weekend

Otherwise you can get side loading bottle batteries?

Jimmy will also be able to increase your capacity by recellibg with higher ah cells. I'm guessing you have a pack made of 2250 mah cells. You can get 2600 or 3200 mah cells now.

3200 mah cells would give you 12.8ah pack assuming 10s4p

Advertisers