My LBS

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I was living down in my Spanish place recently when the local area was hit by a devastating flash flood causing death and massive collateral damage besides flooding hundreds of local homes, businesses, hotels and underground garages.

Although I cycled around the area with my other half the following day and took a few snaps, a friend down there sent me some photos which appeared in one of the papers shortly after I returned to the UK.

This one shows where my bike would have been if I'd agreed to let the firm service it next day (€20) as they offered to do while I was browsing their latest bikes. I declined as I wanted to use the bike the next day and thought I'd leave it till another time.

Next day........

190238_422373101145360_785804191_n.jpg

......I do hope they're still in business as it was a new local shop and within walking distance of my home.

A local hairdresser and spa owner, an English lady in her 50s, died in the torrent of water because she went outside to move her car. A local Spaniard also died but the death toll across all Spain was in double figures when I left.

Thankfully, my place was untouched by the flooding.

Indalo

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
That's just rotten luck, the country is already so depressed and they are a fine proud people.
Good at least that your place was ok.

Advertisers