Mystery objects

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
Guy's and gals,

I just found these two articles on the garage floor (the sharpies for scale) where I've been fitting some parts to my new bike. They're a pair I'd guess. They're very well made, out of high grade plastic. I don't have a clue what they are. I've been fitting the following parts. New Ergon grips, a D lock, mudguards (Top Peak Defenders). I've also recently bought a Saris Bones 2 cycle rack. I have some power tools like SDS drill, 9" grinder, Multitool etc. The items look quite familiar as though I should know what they are. Can anyone help please?

P.S. they fit nicely in your hand.

IMG_0056.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Twinkleten

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2015
Devon EX8
Guy's and gals,

I just found these two articles on the garage floor (the sharpies for scale) where I've been fitting some parts to my new bike. They're a pair I'd guess. They're very well made, out of high grade plastic. I don't have a clue what they are. I've been fitting the following parts. New Ergon grips, a D lock, mudguards (Top Peak Defenders). I've also recently bought a Saris Bones 2 cycle rack. I have some power tools like SDS drill, 9" grinder, Multitool etc. The items look quite familiar as though I should know what they are. Can anyone help please?

P.S. they fit nicely in your hand.

View attachment 27673
Are they tapered l.e. Wedged shaped?

Twinkleten

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2015
Devon EX8
Looks to me like they are for levelling furniture or such on an uneven floor, would they snap at the indents?

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
I don’t think they’d snap at the indents as they have reinforcing ribs on the back. They also have a radius which wouldn’t make them a good wedge. Thanks though.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Floor pump foot rest. I once owned one with metal foot rests that came with similar plastic clip in pieces for optional use

Can't recall brand now as maybe 10 years aho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Matthews

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2018
I went to use my track pump today and I'm sure you all know what the parts are now. Doesnt taske long to realise theyre missing as it bloody kills your hands.

IMG_0577.JPG

Advertisers