Ncm Prague help

Hitzc

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Hi people I’m new to having a e bike , I decided just to go for a entry level ncm Prague to start my e bike , and I have to say I’m suprised if the quality of some of the parts for the price . I do a lot of riding on private land and I was wondering if there was any way to de restrict it? I have found a das kit controller from Leon cycles in Australia that says will de restrict the speed ? Would this fit on my e bike ? It’s hard to find the correct info . Hope you can help please

Attachments

Hitzc

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2020
To be honest I wasn’t planning on going faster than the capabilities of the bike , but if I can pedal at 25 mph then surely the bike could handle hitting 20 without cutting out the motor . I have arthritis so it would be a great help when I’m riding on private land for this extra help . Hope someone can help as iv found it hard to gather the correct info .

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Look in this thread, particularly near the end, there are four potential solutions:

If you want exact info about official parts, these people should be able to help:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I do a lot of riding on private land and I was wondering if there was any way to de restrict it?
Technically it will only be legal derestricted on private land without public access (eg not bridleways or right to roam). Also, if easily derestricted (eg with switch or LCD setting) it is technically illegal on the road even if switched to restricted.

Realistically, as long as you are sensible those points are very unlikely to be an issue.

Hitzc

Just Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Technically it will only be legal derestricted on private land without public access (eg not bridleways or right to roam). Also, if easily derestricted (eg with switch or LCD setting) it is technically illegal on the road even if switched to restricted.

Realistically, as long as you are sensible those points are very unlikely to be an issue.
I see what you mean , but it would be strictly private road use , I just find it confusing as to If I can peddle up to 28 mph on a public road downhill why can’t I get help from the motor to go that speed , it seems silly ,I know people abuse it and go silly speeds on something that isn’t designed to go that fast , but just to get help from the motor over or at 15 mph would be nice lol , I can go faster peddling so why can’t the motor help me to that speed ? If I ride my road bicycle I can go faster than people on an e bike because anything over 15 mph the motor doesn’t help them ? It seems counter productive that I can keep with the speed of traffic on my normal bicycle easier than on an e bike ? Considering we are supposed to be on the road isn’t 15 mph too slow for the motor cut out ? im just a newbie I still enjoy the bike im just not sure if the 15mph restriction thing makes much sense when I can peddle quicker on a bicycle lol

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think (but ???) the idea is that people capable of riding at 20-25mph are likely to have quicker reactions and be more capable of handing emergencies at that speed. Allowing any motor assistance without license etc is a very useful concession; the question is how to balance its usefulness against the risk of dangerous abuse.

As a sort of aside, you may not be aware (I wasn't till very recently) that normal 20 and 30 mph speed limits do NOT technically apply to bikes. But as soon as the bike can be assisted to above 15.5mph not only do you technically need licence etc, but the normal speed limits DO apply.

• Dislike
Reactions: budsy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Maybe it’s just me being a newbie and not knowing too much , obviously going up hill it helps a lot
I'm not sure what you mean, but releasing the speed restriction won't make it any faster up a hill, unless the hill is not very steep. There's no change to the motor's torque. If you need more torque, there are other ways to achieve that.

Advertisers