Tuning NCM Moscow, NCM Moscow plus and other NCM models (48 volt models)

jokskot

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2018
There has been considerable correspondence on this site and elsewhere regarding tuning the above e-bikes. Some contributors have spent £100+ to improve performance, buying kits from the US and Australia.
After considerable literature searching and experimentation, I have built an inexpensive prototype (particular credit to Vspadrva and marze6989 of the German Pedelecs forum) which daisy chains into the cable linking the controller and display and allows a slightly higher speed to be achieved by the motor and effectively irons out the flat spot that users have reported as the speed drops from 25+km/h to under 25km/h.
I have found that the time for a journey which used to take an hour has reduced to 50 minutes, the average speed on that journey has risen by 5km/h and generally I ride one gear higher than formerly. I will be incorporating the device permanently into the wiring and it will be hidden in the downtube. The tuning device is easily turned on and off using the controls on the display.
If anyone would like more details about the performance or wishes to borrow the prototype device to try on their bike, please PM me.

Reactions: WheezyRider

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
There has been considerable correspondence on this site and elsewhere regarding tuning the above e-bikes. Some contributors have spent £100+ to improve performance, buying kits from the US and Australia.
After considerable literature searching and experimentation, I have built an inexpensive prototype (particular credit to Vspadrva and marze6989 of the German Pedelecs forum) which daisy chains into the cable linking the controller and display and allows a slightly higher speed to be achieved by the motor and effectively irons out the flat spot that users have reported as the speed drops from 25+km/h to under 25km/h.
I have found that the time for a journey which used to take an hour has reduced to 50 minutes, the average speed on that journey has risen by 5km/h and generally I ride one gear higher than formerly. I will be incorporating the device permanently into the wiring and it will be hidden in the downtube. The tuning device is easily turned on and off using the controls on the display.
If anyone would like more details about the performance or wishes to borrow the prototype device to try on their bike, please PM me.
Great detective work Jokskot! :)