New battery fitted on Aurora

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Fitted a new 17 Amp battery on my Aurora today (Li-ion Poly) that would normally be standard on the Oxygen bikes. Had to do a bit of conversion because i wanted it with a Kettle plug connection so i could swap it around between all mine and my wifes bikes. Battery was supplied by South Yorkshire Electric Bikes http://www.syebc.co.uk/ who were on the ball and very helpful. Can`t wait to try it on my twin motor Powertrek Dynamo.
The bike pulled like a train even on full power and had plenty of get up and go just on throttle so I`m pleased that I spent the money on a decent battery rather than take my chances on the lottery. I have a second battery slung under the crossbar as back up which is a 14Amp li-ion poly that I purchased from Andrew who was the designer and manufacturer of the first Oxygens a few years ago. I can switch between them via a toggle switch on the controller. A bit tight inside the controller for the extra wires and switch but with a bit of care and patience it all fits in. I have found that there is no substitute for decent heavy duty wire which I have plenty of being an amateur radio ham and use the very same cable that I use from the power supplies to my radios.
I made up some adapters so as to be able to stick it on my wifes Synergie Breeze as her own original battery is starting to show signs of power drop. I managed to get hold of a long Creek to Peak bag for the carriers some years back and the new battery is a lovely snug fit.

I haven`t been on the forum for some time due to ill health and studying for my next step up radio licence and notice that things have really changed somewhat in a couple of years. So many bikes on offer. I notice that Alien has gone out of business which is a shame as Jim was always a good source of parts and advice ( I wish I`d kept his mobile phone number so if anyone knows how to contact him I`d be obliged)

Anyway, enjoy your cycling.

Dave

Advertisers