New battery

D

Deleted member 4366

I would say that the plastic end-stop in the throttle is broken or a magnet is dislodged.

You press the green button and the motor starts up. If you can twist the throttle backwards or forwards a bit to stop the motor, it's the end stop. If that doesn't work, it's the magnet.

Both faults require the throttle to be disassembled to repair it. Once open, the fault should be obvious.

ian Tweedie

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
I would say that the plastic end-stop in the throttle is broken or a magnet is dislodged.

You press the green button and the motor starts up. If you can twist the throttle backwards or forwards a bit to stop the motor, it's the end stop. If that doesn't work, it's the magnet.

Both faults require the throttle to be disassembled to repair it. Once open, the fault should be obvious.

Thanks
What about the loose connections as per photos?
Presumably I should try to have these correctly connected up first?

ian Tweedie

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Have checked the wiring from the controller and attach another photo showing current state of affairs!(sorry no pun intended)
Because of my interventions and trying to adjust connections wiring needs to be reconnected properly and I would be most grateful if anyone can help detailing what is connected to what
I did try wiggling the throttle when the front wheel was rotating but it didn't affect the running -merely increased the speed
In case the photo is not clear enough position re wiring is as follows:-
From controller
1Green yellow blue to same via bullet connectors to hub motor
2. Black and red to battlery post
3. 2 sets of Black and white wires into connectors
both presently unconnected
4 Black and orange -unconnected
5 Green black red ditto
6. Green ditto
7. Gray. Ditto
8. Red black blue connected to red black green with unconnected yellow cable from latter cable - from throttle

From the remainder of the bike cables
A 1 yellow black red
B. 2 blue red cables
Both unconnected
Before I left on holiday throttle etc were working ok so my suspicion is that problem may lie with defunct battery and disconnected cable If I can reconnect all wiring again properly then I should see if throttle is indeed the problem
Thanks again in the meantime for your contributions
Ian
image.jpeg

ian Tweedie

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016

I wonder of you or any of the other contributors are possibly able to assist with advice about reconnecting my cables as per later post/photo and I can then investigate further if necessary ?

ian Tweedie

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Not that I know of thanks
I suspect some of the wiring was not actually not connected intentionally but hopefully Bob at Juicy Bikes can clarify

D

Deleted member 4366

The throttle connection sequence is incorrect. You have the red connected to the throttle signal wire (green). Did you get a new controller or throttle, or should it be connected to the other black connector, which loos like it has a matching sequence.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Ian
I'm away at the moment but I've asked the workshop to call you on Tuesday to help.

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

ian Tweedie

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hi All
Have been helped by Leigh at Juicy Bikes with wiring and have managed to restore power and drive. The pedal assist is also functioning. Looks like the throttle needs replacing and a new one is being sent on to me. Service by J Bikes is so impressive!
Ian

ian Tweedie

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hi All
Thanks to Juicy Bikes Bob and Leigh ( both extremely helpful! ) a new throttle and battery have resolved the problem and bike is now fully operational once again
Thanks very much to all who contributed
Regards
Ian

Advertisers