New kalkhoff impulse endeavor 350 w.

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
The new kalkhoff impulse endeavor looks a bit of a machine. 70Nn torque and 17ah battery will give bosch more than a run for its money.Not only is the power there, but could be used as a pretty good touring bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

The new kalkhoff impulse endeavor looks a bit of a machine. 70Nn torque and 17ah battery will give bosch more than a run for its money.Not only is the power there, but could be used as a pretty good touring bike.
What's holding you back then. We know it's a good bike.

Dubster

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2012
North Yorkshire
My friend has just bought one, and I ride the current model Bosch Endeavour BS10. The bikes seem to perform very similarly on the road, he does pull slightly ahead of me when the bikes are given the beans so to speak, but I am bigger built (taller and fatter) than he is. Obviously he will get more range out of the Impulse machine when compared to my Bosch, but to be honest I've never run out of power on the Bosch when out on a ride, so cannot yet provide a range comparison. I spend most of my time riding between ECO and TOUR, so I've often topped 40 miles + on a ride and still return home with plenty of juice left. When I last spoke to him last week, he did mention that he is getting some crank noise on the Impulse, but I've not yet found out what the outcome was.

Last edited:

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
My friend has just bought one, and I ride the current model Bosch Endeavour BS10. The bikes seem to perform very similarly on the road, he does pull slightly ahead of me when the bikes are given the beans so to speak, but I am bigger built (taller and fatter) than he is. Obviously he will get more range out of the Impulse machine when compared to my Bosch, but to be honest I've never run out of power on the Bosch when out on a ride, so cannot yet provide a range comparison. I spend most of my time riding between ECO and TOUR, so I've often topped 40 miles + on a ride and still return home with plenty of juice left. When I last spoke to him last week, he did mention that he is getting some crank noise on the Impulse, but I've not yet found out what the outcome was.
hi dubster, just wondering if you have any update on your friends impulse endeavor, really interested on range he gets with 17ah battery, and type of terrain he covers hills, flat , etc thanks

Reactions: rippedupno1

Dubster

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2012
North Yorkshire
hi dubster, just wondering if you have any update on your friends impulse endeavor, really interested on range he gets with 17ah battery, and type of terrain he covers hills, flat , etc thanks
Sorry, I've not seen him this weekend. He works in London during the week. I'll try to get a report from him soon.

Thanks

Ollie from GreenAer

Just Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
I have had the opportunity to test both 2014 Impulse S and the new Bosch motor on the Endeveour in Cloppenburg. They are two different machines , I find that the BS 10 equipped with the Bosch motor is more nimble and the bike feels lighter to cycle , I would say that it is more of a cyclist bike while the Impulse less so with added weight to carry. I did nt get the opportunity to test its range so cannot comment on that.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Was it the Endeavour Impulse S10 or the Endeavour Impulse S11 you tried, Ollie?

Ollie from GreenAer

Just Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
hey Tim , tried both . Suppose it is down to personal preferences but I certainly favour the BS , geometry wise it is also obviously shorter.

Arbol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2013
A very basic question: when they advertise "350W Impulse II Speed motor, up to 28mph", this means this bike is not a legal pedelec, right?

At the Impulse II webpage:

http://www.50cycles.com/kalhoff-impulse-2.html

It says, for both the Impulse and the Bosch: motor power "250 W & 350 W". This means there are two versions, one of 250W and the other one of 350W, or that the same motor is at the same time 250W and 350W? If it is the former, why going to only 350W if you are illegal anyway?

So, it should be registered as a moped, if I understand correctly.

I see many "350W" being sold, and I do not know if these are legal or not (assuming, of course, the max speed is always limited to 25km/h).

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/endeavour-sport-fast/endeavour_impulse_s10_xt.html

If you look at the specs page then technically yes "TYPE APPROVAL CLASSIFICATION L1e light moped. To use this bicycle on a public road the user must first register it, fit a registration plate and then tax and insure it. Registration plate holder can be removed in those territories where these restrictions do not apply."

Problem from what I've read is the registration process and finding anyone offering insurance for this type & class of vehicle.

Reactions: Arbol
D

Deleted member 4366

The motors are the same inside, but the bike has a plate on it that says 350w on the 350w one,which makes it illegal to use on the road in the UK. If you want the higher speed, you might as well get the 250w one, then hack it for the full speed. At least you'll have a 250w plate on it and it'll go just the same as the 350w one.

Reactions: Elecman and Arbol

Lakeland

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
I use mine in eco mode for most of the time and use the power/sport setting for the big hills. Being that i live in a mixed terrain area i can confirm the mileage in eco including big hills will do about 50 - 60 miles on one charge. If using full power mostly then about 20-25 miles in hilly areas.

Reactions: Alchemist

Alchemist

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2014
Thanks for this Lakeland, this is very helpful info; presumably you have not had any noise issues coming from the crank/s, other than normal motor noise?

Cheers

Lakeland

Pedelecer
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks for this Lakeland, this is very helpful info; presumably you have not had any noise issues coming from the crank/s, other than normal motor noise?

Cheers
I have had the occasional slip of gears whilst getting used to the hub gears but had no probs regarding noises from the crank.The gearing is silky smooth once you get used to them. I did have the chain guard rubbing up against the chain when i first got the bike(probably slightly knocked in transit) which was easily remedied with a gentle pull on the bottom of the chain guard.

Advertisers