New Wisper 905 torque problem

TravelsBelly

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2020
More problems, unfortunately :(

Seems like now I have a battery issue.

So have used it out three times now. Put it on charge yesterday night after noticing that pressing the battery button (?) on the bike battery the reading is the first bar of red which I thought was odd because I made a short trip to the shop and wouldn't expect it to be so low. So, as always, per instructions, put it on charge. The light went green to indicate full charge. Putting it back into the bike rack I did a quick check by pressing the battery button aain. It still reads one block red... ???

The battery bar on the bike handlebar display reads full? But that always never seems to change no matter how far I go. So...

I haven't taken it out today in case there is an issue.

Please help.

Additionally, although far less of a worry, the seat is loose. This happened on my first day out. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to come across as a complainer but it is annoying that an expensive bike like this has issues that should have been checked before leaving really. I tightened it up but the next day it worked loose again. I have no idea if it's because I didn't tighten it up enough. I have done so again and made sure it is really tight so hopefully this time...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

So have used it out three times now. Put it on charge yesterday night after noticing that pressing the battery button (?) on the bike battery the reading is the first bar of red which I thought was odd because I made a short trip to the shop and wouldn't expect it to be so low. So, as always, per instructions, put it on charge. The light went green to indicate full charge. Putting it back into the bike rack I did a quick check by pressing the battery button aain. It still reads one block red... ???

The battery bar on the bike handlebar display reads full? But that always never seems to change no matter how far I go. So...

Please help.

Additionally, although far less of a worry, the seat is loose. This happened on my first day out. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to come across as a complainer but it is annoying that an expensive bike like this has issues that should have been checked before leaving really. I tightened it up but the next day it worked loose again. I have no idea if it's because I didn't tighten it up enough. I have done so again and made sure it is really tight so hopefully this time...
Battery indicator lights are notoriously unreliable. If your LCD says the battery is full, it probably is. The only sure way to know is to measure the battery with a voltmeter.

The green light on most chargers means that it isn't charging - nothing more than that. It'll show green when the battery is full because the charging gets switched off. It also shows green if not connected. It shows red when it's charging. There are some differences between different chargers. Your may be different.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

Please help.

Hi, it's lovely to hear from you again!

I absolutely guarantee there is not an issue, the fact that the battery indicator on the handlebars is reading full means that you are still charged to about 65% capacity, we sell good batteries that will keep you going a long time. This is not a problem. The indicator on the back of the battery uses a different circuit, if there is any problem at all it will only be with the small LED indicator. This has nothing to do with your battery performance.

I have to say that to refer to this as "more problems" is unkind to be generous. The first "problem" was the mudguard was rubbing on the tyre, it took two minutes to resolve, this can happen unfortunately if we use a courier to deliver. It can also happen at any time during your time with the Wisper bike, so you need to understand how to do some basic cycle maintenance. An electric bicycle is a motor vehicle, it needs to be serviced and maintained properly or you will have issues. If you cannot do this I suggest you pop it into a local bike shop, they will do the work for you.

Regarding the seat clamp becoming loose, this will certainly be because you didn't tighten it up enough, you have said that you are a big chap so it needs to be tight.

Why not give me a call or talk to Claud again who talked you through how to loosen the hex nut on the mudguard stay adjuster? We can sort these "problems" out for you very easily and immediately.

Kindest regards, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yep. Just came here to post that all is OK!

Thank you very much for your help. Wisper rock when it comes to customer service. I wouldn't hesitate in having the confidence to buy again. Glad it was something easy to sort out. Before we knew that though the offer to replace the bike was stunning.

Big thanks again. Took it out yesterday for a late ride and seems good. The motor is quiet now too. (well, as quiet as a big motor pulling an overweight man can be) I think it was noisy because of the rubbing motion.

Happy customer.
Thanks for this earlier post, as you say "Wisper rock when it comes to customer service" and that you were "Glad it was something easy to sort out".

You have our numbers please use them.

Who did you buy the bike through, normally they would look after you during the first few days getting used to the bike?

All the best, David

TravelsBelly

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2020
Hi.

Well. I must say I find your attitude a little shocking and upsetting. Why the attitude??? I have been polite the whole way through and very understanding.

You have our numbers please use them.
I have your numbers so please use them? The numbers all go to voice mail so in fact this is the only way I have of contact. Did you not say in an earlier post if I have any other problems then I should let you know? I have. So why the attitude?

All I am doing is asking a question. This has obviously upset you.

I have to say that to refer to this as "more problems" is unkind to be generous. The first "problem" was the mudguard was rubbing on the tyre, it took two minutes to resolve, this can happen unfortunately if we use a courier to deliver. It can also happen at any time during your time with the Wisper bike, so you need to understand how to do some basic cycle maintenance. An electric bicycle is a motor vehicle, it needs to be serviced and maintained properly or you will have issues. If you cannot do this I suggest you pop it into a local bike shop, they will do the work for you.
I don't think it's unkind at all. I'm not sure there should be any "little problems" on a 2 grand bike.

Mudguard damaged.
Seat not secure.
Battery???

By my own admission, I am a total beginner. You're making it sound like this is some sort of crime. I am trying my best to learn. I fixed the mudguard by myself from watching internet videos since you guys were apparently too busy to call me back as you said you would. I also fixed the seat myself. I'm constantly reading and watching videos. However, I need to ask many questions because there is a lot I don't know.

Your suggestion that I "pop" my brand new bike in for servicing is a bit rich. I paid your company 2 grand. I expect the bike not to need any servicing or is that too much to ask for?

I absolutely guarantee there is not an issue, the fact that the battery indicator on the handlebars is reading full means that you are still charged to about 65% capacity, we sell good batteries that will keep you going a long time. This is not a problem. The indicator on the back of the battery uses a different circuit, if there is any problem at all it will only be with the small LED indicator. This has nothing to do with your battery performance.
Well, firstly I don't think that the LED not working is ok. Again, I brought a very expensive bike that I saved hard for and agonised over for a very long time.

Do you think that, as a customer, I should want everything to be in to be working as it should?! SURELY, that isn't too much to expect? So the LED is broken on the back of the battery and you think that is alright do you?

Would you be happy if you brought a car and there and it had a light not working inside it, the seat wasn't loose, and you had to repair the wing mirror with a screwdriver because it was loose? I don't think you would.

It's amazing how you can GUARANTEE the battery is fine without looking at it or testing it. How do you know it's not a problem? As I said, the battery reading on the LCD display on the handlebars never seems to change. I did 25k and it still said full charge. Does that sound right to you?

Even if it is okay, Oh it's just the battery indicator is broken on it. Well, that isn't ok. Do you like to buy things with bits not working on them and expect that to be OK???

My expensive bike has shipped with problems on it. I haven't been rude or impolite. I haven't shouted or ranted or raved. All I have done is asked you a question. I am shocked and appalled by your attitude. That you think it's fine that it something on it is broken but that's ok is... I don't know.

I'm just lost for words. I'm very upset right now to be honest with you. Yesterday I was feeling very anxious and down because rightly or wrongly the battery has a problem. I came here at your own invitation only to be attacked.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi.

Well. I must say I find your attitude a little shocking and upsetting. Why the attitude??? I have been polite the whole way through and very understanding.

I have your numbers so please use them? The numbers all go to voice mail so in fact this is the only way I have of contact. Did you not say in an earlier post if I have any other problems then I should let you know? I have. So why the attitude?

All I am doing is asking a question. This has obviously upset you.

I don't think it's unkind at all. I'm not sure there should be any "little problems" on a 2 grand bike.

Mudguard damaged.
Seat not secure.
Battery???

By my own admission, I am a total beginner. You're making it sound like this is some sort of crime. I am trying my best to learn. I fixed the mudguard by myself from watching internet videos since you guys were apparently too busy to call me back as you said you would. I also fixed the seat myself. I'm constantly reading and watching videos. However, I need to ask many questions because there is a lot I don't know.

Your suggestion that I "pop" my brand new bike in for servicing is a bit rich. I paid your company 2 grand. I expect the bike not to need any servicing or is that too much to ask for?

Well, firstly I don't think that the LED not working is ok. Again, I brought a very expensive bike that I saved hard for and agonised over for a very long time.

Do you think that, as a customer, I should want everything to be in to be working as it should?! SURELY, that isn't too much to expect? So the LED is broken on the back of the battery and you think that is alright do you?

Would you be happy if you brought a car and there and it had a light not working inside it, the seat wasn't loose, and you had to repair the wing mirror with a screwdriver because it was loose? I don't think you would.

It's amazing how you can GUARANTEE the battery is fine without looking at it or testing it. How do you know it's not a problem? As I said, the battery reading on the LCD display on the handlebars never seems to change. I did 25k and it still said full charge. Does that sound right to you?

Even if it is okay, Oh it's just the battery indicator is broken on it. Well, that isn't ok. Do you like to buy things with bits not working on them and expect that to be OK???

My expensive bike has shipped with problems on it. I haven't been rude or impolite. I haven't shouted or ranted or raved. All I have done is asked you a question. I am shocked and appalled by your attitude. That you think it's fine that it something on it is broken but that's ok is... I don't know.

I'm just lost for words. I'm very upset right now to be honest with you. Yesterday I was feeling very anxious and down because rightly or wrongly the battery has a problem. I came here at your own invitation only to be attacked.
Where did you buy the bike from? The dealer is responsible to sort out these sort of problems, not the brand head office.

I'm only an observer. I've been on this forum for ten years and seen many situations like this. If you want my honest opinion, it's your lack of knowledge that's causing you to worry unnecessarily, like you're expecting the bike not to work. It's fine. Nobody uses those stupid indicators on the battery. Getting it fixed will just waste everybody's time. You have an LCD that shows the actual battery level much more accurately.

TravelsBelly

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2020
Where did you buy the bike from? The dealer is responsible to sort out these sort of problems, not the brand head office.

I'm only an observer. I've been on this forum for ten years and seen many situations like this. If you want my honest opinion, it's your lack of knowledge that's causing you to worry unnecessarily, like you're expecting the bike not to work. It's fine. Nobody uses those stupid indicators on the battery. Getting it fixed will just waste everybody's time. You have an LCD that shows the actual battery level much more accurately.
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I got the bike from electric rider who didn't seem all that interested. I didn't expect a response from Wisper themselves here but since they replied to my post and offered help I accepted it. I could contact them again but they aren't local to me and Whisper did say "any more problems to let them know"

The LED was working before and showed all lights lit up to green. Now it's not doing that so it makes me wonder why.

I do accept I'm a total newbie and have said so a number of times. We all have to start somewhere. I'm trying to learn. I self taught myself many things and I'll do so with this but for now I haven't a clue.

That's why I'm here asking questions. My problem is with the snippy attitude and attack for asking a question which was done at Wisper's invitation.

I still don't think the bike should have any problems with it. The battery light obviously is now not working and the bike really should have been given the once over before leaving the warehouse. Sure maybe nobody does use those silly LED indicators on the back but surely on a brand new bike they should be working?

I have no idea if this electric rider or Whisper at fault but I really don't think when paying this much money it's too much to expect the bike to be fully working and checked over?

More than anything I'm upset by the attitude received from Wisper for asking a question. I'm not the type of customer that rants and raves. I have been polite and respectful at all times.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Again!

I am sorry of you feel that my post trying to assist you was a rant and a rave. I am the MD and owner of Wisper, we sell 1000's of bikes a year I am extremely busy but I still find time to answer your personal comments instead of, as maybe I should do, advising you to deal with the company you bought the bike from. You didn't pay my company any money at all for the bike. You paid Electric Rider. Maybe I should not have become involved at all, but I simply trying to help you.

Regarding the bike...

Mudguard damaged: It was touching the tyre it is not damaged.
Seat not secure: You did not tighten the seat post clamp properly, to take your weight.
Battery: Is fine.

After reading your comments here, it seems that is nothing wrong with your bike. However it also seems you are not happy with us or our service, if you would like to call me for a chat at any time you would be very welcome. My private number is 07733226906

Alternatively, if you are not happy with us or your bike, please return it and I will ask Electric Rider to refund you in full. We are very short of bikes at the moment and there are other people that would cherish it.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. I am happy to help you with your personal bike issues.

Please call me.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

Thanks vfr400, I appreciate your comments.

All the best, David

TravelsBelly

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2020
Hi Again!

I am sorry of you feel that my post trying to assist you was a rant and a rave. I am the MD and owner of Wisper, we sell 1000's of bikes a year I am extremely busy but I still find time to answer your personal comments instead of, as maybe I should do, advising you to deal with the company you bought the bike from. You didn't pay my company any money at all for the bike. You paid Electric Rider. Maybe I should not have become involved at all, but I simply trying to help you.

Regarding the bike...

Mudguard damaged: It was touching the tyre it is not damaged.
Seat not secure: You did not tighten the seat post clamp properly, to take your weight.
Battery: Is fine.

After reading your comments here, it seems that is nothing wrong with your bike. However it also seems you are not happy with us or our service, if you would like to call me for a chat at any time you would be very welcome. My private number is 07733226906

Alternatively, if you are not happy with us or your bike, please return it and I will ask Electric Rider to refund you in full. We are very short of bikes at the moment and there are other people that would cherish it.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. I am happy to help you with your personal issues. (Bike related)

Please call me.

All the best, David

Hi.

Again. Why are you so aggressive? I asked a question at YOUR own invitation.

Please drop me a line david@wisperbikes.com with your full name and where you bought the bike from, I will check with support to see if we have heard from you and what progress has been made, I will sort any issues you may have personally.
I never ASKED nor EXPECTED the MD of Wisper to help me out. Again, you offered to help so I accepted. I posted my new concerns about the battery on the forum and again I never asked nor expected you to respond. Why put words into my mouth? Why the sarcasm?

Do you really feel like this is appropriate behaviour towards a customer?

If you wanted to respond (and I didn't ask you to) all you had to say is something along the lines of "please don't worry the battery is fine. If you really are that worried please contact X." There is no need to be sarcastic and aggressive.

Have I been this way with you? Have I been aggressive or sarcastic? No. I'm starting to get angry to be honest with you. I'm busy too. I may not be running a huge company but I am also busy and it might surprise you to learn I have better things to be doing than "arguing" with you. I'm hot and dealing with depression something which I hoped having the bike would help with.

So we all have our problems, right?

I have no interest in dealing with you any more. You've been sarcastic and aggressive and I feel like I haven't earned that from you. I was simply worried about my new Ebike and asked a question. Again. At your invitation.

I won't bother you any more.

Goodbye.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi.

I never ASKED nor EXPECTED the MD of Wisper to help me out. Again, you offered to help so I accepted. I posted my new concerns about the battery on the forum and again I never asked nor expected you to respond. Why put words into my mouth? Why the sarcasm?

Do you really feel like this is appropriate behaviour towards a customer?

If you wanted to respond (and I didn't ask you to) all you had to say is something along the lines of "please don't worry the battery is fine. If you really are that worried please contact X." There is no need to be sarcastic and aggressive.

Have I been this way with you? Have I been aggressive or sarcastic? No. I'm starting to get angry to be honest with you. I'm busy too. I may not be running a huge company but I am also busy and it might surprise you to learn I have better things to be doing than "arguing" with you. I'm hot and dealing with depression something which I hoped having the bike would help with.

So we all have our problems, right?

I have no interest in dealing with you any more. You've been sarcastic and aggressive and I feel like I haven't earned that from you. I was simply worried about my new Ebike and asked a question. Again. At your invitation.

I won't bother you any more.

Goodbye.
Cheers Martin,

I haven't had any communication with you outside this public forum and I will leave it to others to decide whether I have been aggressive and or sarcastic.

All your issues with the bike have been explained, there basically weren't any.

I have tried to help you all along. Our National Sales Manager Jeremy has spoken to you personally and has explained about the hex key bolts and how to undo them to adjust your mudguards, all other points you have made have been immediately answered by me or my team (same day, if not same hour).

I have offered to take your bike back if you are unhappy and to help you in any way we possibly can.

Please accept my deepest apologies if I have upset you, it was not my intention.

I do like to answer questions posed by customers, especially if there is a perceived or real issue. That's why for 15 years I have been helping answer customers posts on Pedelecs.

We are still here for you and always will be. My private mobile number is 07733226906, if you need help any time just call.

Kindest regards, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi.

You sound like a bear with a sore head, I see nothing in Wipser/David's replies that verge on aggressiveness, if anything your tone of reply is causing the friction and tbh looks like a one way street. Your emotions/ depression appear to be getting the better of you and seems like you need someone to blame.
With any buy if a problem occurs then it is the dealer/ shops duty to carry out any warranty work or sort out complaints, one needs to deal with the vendor first before airing faults on a social media site.

Last edited:

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
With my Wisper, when the switch on the battery is set to the "off" position only the red LED will illuminate when the button is pressed. When the switch is back to the "on" position the relevant green LEDs will illuminate to indicate the current battery charge when the button is pressed.

On another note, I've not got a bad word to say about David. He was helped me with a couple of issues, including an on going which I believe Nealh referenced earlier (Any update on the new brake parts David?) His customer service on this forum is second to none and that was what made my decision to purchase from his brand.

I too had a misaligned mudguard during transport and my saddle wasn't quite tight enough. I expected that minor things like this would happen due to the bike being thrown around by the likes of Hermes, the driver actually pushed the bike box down my driveway upside-down!

Anyway, hope you enjoy your Wisper as much as I do mine (They are one of the good guys!)
:)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
With my Wisper, when the switch on the battery is set to the "off" position only the red LED will illuminate when the button is pressed. When the switch is back to the "on" position the relevant green LEDs will illuminate to indicate the current battery charge when the button is pressed.

On another note, I've not got a bad word to say about David. He was helped me with a couple of issues, including an on going which I believe Nealh referenced earlier (Any update on the new brake parts David?) His customer service on this forum is second to none and that was what made my decision to purchase from his brand.

I too had a misaligned mudguard during transport and my saddle wasn't quite tight enough. I expected that minor things like this would happen due to the bike being thrown around by the likes of Hermes, the driver actually pushed the bike box down my driveway upside-down!

Anyway, hope you enjoy your Wisper as much as I do mine (They are one of the good guys!)
:)
Please drop me a line re the brakes. David@wisperbikes.com

Thanks for the kind words! Very much appreciated.

All the best, David

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
Wow, amazing how someone can literally look for an argument in every good intention.

I think it would be beneficial for this guy to sign up to an evening course in basic bike maintenance. They cater for all levels. It would make his bike ownership much more enjoyable and help him spot things that are obvious to us but maybe not to a beginner.

And credit to Wisper/David. I think you handled this very well.

TravelsBelly

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2020
Wow, amazing how someone can literally look for an argument in every good intention.

I think it would be beneficial for this guy to sign up to an evening course in basic bike maintenance. They cater for all levels. It would make his bike ownership much more enjoyable and help him spot things that are obvious to us but maybe not to a beginner.

And credit to Wisper/David. I think you handled this very well.
I think his bum isn't quite clean enough. Maybe go deeper.

Yeah. How dare I ask questions on a forum then be offended at snippy aggressive replies.

• Dislike
Reactions: 01wellsd and Nealh

Advertisers