Help! [Newbie] Bafang C961 Display - Walk Assist Speed

FatBob

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2020
Greater Manchester
The walk assist speed of my Bafang C961 display is set at 6 km/h. The advanced settings in the display allow for the overall max speed limit to be set, but obviously I don't want to change this. Is there a way however to change the walk assist speed to something other than 6 km/h?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
The walk assist speed of my Bafang C961 display is set at 6 km/h. The advanced settings in the display allow for the overall max speed limit to be set, but obviously I don't want to change this. Is there a way however to change the walk assist speed to something other than 6 km/h?
Any faster and it would be jog/run assist. :)or maybe power walk assist which is just weird.

FatBob

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2020
Greater Manchester
Any faster and it would be jog/run assist. :)or maybe power walk assist which is just weird.
I asked if it could be changed, not made faster. Some people have dodgy knees you know. :)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I might be wrong, as I don't use the walk assist that often. But I think the walk assist mode runs the chainring at a set speed. So, theoretically you could drop into a lower gear to slow the walk speed.

Anyone willing to test this theory, as I'm not using my bike this weekend.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I might be wrong, as I don't use the walk assist that often. But I think the walk assist mode runs the chainring at a set speed. So, theoretically you could drop into a lower gear to slow the walk speed.

Anyone willing to test this theory, as I'm not using my bike this weekend.
I think he has a hub motor.

Advertisers