Newby Questions about Cube Acid Hybrid ONE 2020 Electric Mountain Bike

innate

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 7, 2020
Hi,

A few general questions. I thought I’d lump them all together.

Collected the Cube Acid Hybrid from Evans (Kings Cross, London) just over a month ago. I got it though my employer’s C2W scheme.

There was no bell or rear reflector on the bike. Should I ask Evans to rectify this when I take it in for its first (free) service in a week or two?

The battery charger they gave me has a two-prong euro mains plug. I had to buy a shaver adapter so I could charge the bike. Is that legal for them to supply an non-UK electrical item?

Even though what I put in the the title is what Evans say my bike is how do I actually know what the model and spec of my bike is? The documentation that can with the bike is sketchy and the Bosch user manual is hopeless and impenetrable in equal measure. None of the bikes pictured look much like mine. I don’t know which Bosch system I have.

I knew it was going to be heavier than a normal bike (my old bike is a basic Trek 7.2 hybrid) but I wasn’t prepared for quite how heavy it is to get up the couple of steps and through my front door.

I’m really enjoying riding the bike. The maximum speed on assist is a bit annoying but not a problem. When I’m in Sport or Turbo and I stop pedalling the bike immediately slows down as though I’m braking—is that normal? Also if I change down from, say, Tour to ECO, I suddenly feel more resistance on the pedals—is that just the weight of the bike I’m feeling? And is it fine to change the assist mode quite often—ECO most of the time when I’m on the flat or going d/hill and then up to one of the higher modes for uphill?

The only other question (at the moment) is security. The bike is very distinctive with its bright light blue frame. My insurance policy is very specific and stringent about how and where and for how long I leave it locked up outside but even with two gold sold-secure D-locks and a hard-duty padlock I’m worried someone will just vandalise it. I guess that isn’t really a question, just a neurotic moan.

Cheers

Related Articles

Advertisers