NOBODY WANTS MY MONEY

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
My wife has a health problem.She wants to get back into doing a bit of local unpowered biking, but on conventional bikes, she has difficulty getting on and off a bike. What she needs is a low step bicycle, where the step through height is 12 inches or less. Most bikes are far too high. Our budget is £350 max. The only bike that seems to fill the bill is a Viking Step easy. Although these are no longer made, 2015 models are still advertised on some websites.I ordered one from Parkers of Preston. They accepted my order and a week later sent me an email saying it was out of stock and no longer available. I ordered another one from Bikes24-7, and exactly the same happened again. Does anyone know the answer to my woes please? see next post for details.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Many thanks for the replies and suggestions. "Low step" is a relative term with no clear definition. My wife van only comfortably lift her leg about 12 inches for mounting and dismounting. She cannot be the only one, and I am amazed that nothing seems to be available. I can see me building one if all else fails. I have built bikes in the past, including an electric trike. I would prefer to buy one however.

Reactions: LeighPing

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Many thanks for the replies and suggestions. "Low step" is a relative term with no clear definition. My wife van only comfortably lift her leg about 12 inches for mounting and dismounting. She cannot be the only one, and I am amazed that nothing seems to be available. I can see me building one if all else fails. I have built bikes in the past, including an electric trike. I would prefer to buy one however.
Mission Cycles sells a trike called the Solo that has a very low frame. Check it out on their website. Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers