Normally Closed reed switched

D

Deleted member 4366

Ok now I get it, the KU65 needs to see 5V when the brakes are applied so the two wires to the lever are 5v and controller brake input. When switch is closed brakes are being applied. Does that sound right?
The KU65 has low-level brake switches. The signal wire is pulled high (5v) by a resisistor. When you operate the brake, the switch closes and shorts the signal to ground (0v). There is a position on the pcb for a high-level brake switch, but you still need a switch that closes to connect 5v to it to interrupt the power.

Reactions: KirstinS

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
so having the reed close when the brake is applied would do it, thus pulling the pin to ground. so if the magnet was on the end of the lever with the reed on the grip (not ver ergonomic though), that would do it?

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
Sorry ! I managed to confuse myself clearly

Let me try again

I am after a reed switchb that is open when the magnet is present

When the magnet is taken away the reed costs and completed the circuit

I think this is called normally closed

Sorry for ( my) confusion !
You can invert a 5V signal really easily with a transistor and two resistors, search logic level inverter...

D

Deleted member 4366

Too big for a brake, though. I've got some of the glass ones about 25mm long with both the NO and NC connections one end, but they're a little awkward to mount too - and easily damaged.

Use a hall sensor. It's much less messing about.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
The NC is for another use. This is absolutely what im after

Pdarnett is kindly providing for brake cutouts

Advertisers