not holding charge

Dave Williams

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2014
Vale of Glamorgan
do i need a new battery or can they be fixed?
it has 4 or 5 lights and when i charge it over night they all show full charge, as soon as i get on the bike the charge keeps running down immediatly, i then switch the battery on and off and it goes back to full but straight away runs low again.
bike is a SAN EAGLE CLASSIC MOUNTAIN BIKE (chinese im guessing) stickers have been taken off the battery but the bike was only used a few times but left to store for a good few months
thanks
Dave

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm interested in which motor you got. Could you rotate the wheel forward and backwards, and say whether there's a significant difference in the effort to turn it.

Also, is the pedal sensor that's behind the chainwheel a thick (1/2") disc or a thin plastic disc with magnets in it.

jimmyhackers

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2015
looks like a dead battery.

get a technical mate if you have one to poke a multimeter in it and see whats going on. more than likely itll say the voltage and ah rating on the side of the battery.

worst comes to worst get a new battery. cable stripers and some crimps and you can make your own connectors. so it doesnt have to be a liek for like battery. you can go bigger ah for more range but keep the same volts.

Advertisers