nothing, zip, nada, nowt.

Aquila

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 16, 2012
My wifes oxygen diva has no power, battery is fully charged and contacts are clean, I've unplugged everything i can to check for corrosion but found nothing, I've took the top off the battery and inspected the barrel and changed both fuses in the battery, (I realise that the small 5 amp fuse is only for the battery check) i've also taken the cover off the controller box everything tickety boo in there also by the look of things.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction, I'm reluctant to take it to the local dealer as they over charge. £60 was a quote to change brake blocks and 1 cable? as a keen cyclist I normally do brakes and the likes myself but this quote was from a routine service if i wanted the job doing. Think it cost me £8 for the parts.

D

Deleted member 4366

You have to check your battery with a voltmeter. You can't see electricity. The two fuses are: one to protect the battery from too much charge current and one to protect it from over discharge current. Again, you chould check them with a meter, not just change them. If one had blown, there would be a reason for it. If you replaced it, the replacement would probably blow immediately too.

What model of Diva is it? When did you buy it?

Aquila

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks' for your reply, I'm not sure of the model number but the bike is a little under 3 years old and done around 900mile, we bought it at a local dealer(the one I'm reluctant to take it back to) appreciate your comments, the fuses i changed are the see through type and have not blown.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Having unplugged everything and making sure all connections are tight and ensured the battery is holding a charge, try the brake sensors if fitted as these if not functioning right will cut all power. Disconnect these and try again.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you don't know what year it is, please show a photo of the display/control panel, then I'll be able to help you.

You will needa multimeter for the next stage. If you don't have one, get one or borrow one now.

Aquila

Jul 16, 2012
I thank you for your kind replies.

I contacted oxygen bikes I they rang me straight back on a Sunday too, great service considering the bike is 3yr old. There is power coming from the battery and oxygen beleive the fault now lies with the controller, but why it has blown in the first place is a mystery they would like to clear up before they send me a new part, so I'm taking the bike into a shop tomorrow for them to check it and see where lies the problem.
Thanks again

D

Deleted member 4366

I can save you a lot of time and trouble if you deal with the problem here first.

Advertisers