Odd ku65 and BPM2

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Apologies that the background to this is rather long!

I have a brand new Bpm2 front 350w and a brand new 12.5ah new style 36v bottle battery from BMS battery(exciting stuff:)

I also bought another ku65 and a ku93 at the same time

My ku65 that I use now is, I suspect, unusual. The sticker says 250w and 17a but usually they are 15a

Now could be a misprint but I have been running it at 48v for over a year and the caps haven't blown. This makes me think it's an odd controller with higher caps and amps than usual

The ku93 is 3 times the volume of the ku93 - I hate it. Nowhere to hide on my bike

So my eventual question is - can I just run my bpm2 on a ku65 at 48v (maybe with a small shunt mod )

My current motor gets hot as I'm running it on the edge. And I'm scared to climb proper hills as the motor will prob fry

I assume that a 201 rpm bpm2 with a ku65 will be as fast, with more torque (if I shunt mod )

And I won't have to worry about hills as I'm running under spec rather than over spec ?

Any thoughts here ?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
BPM on KU65 @ 48V: that's perfectly good. The motor won't fry. You may attract attention because it will be seriously fast.

Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Thanks trex

that's more or less what I thought except I didn't think it would be faster than I have now (which is 22 hot off charger settling to 19 ish within a mile on flat with no wind) . Less with a headwind or hills

Essentially I'm only a fraction over the 17mph most Bosch systems seem to give (based on what I've read here only - never ridden one)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
And there is one chap - dunno if a member who has a Carrera mid drive conversion. Can't see the batteries but they might be in the panniers - he goes flying past me by hove lagoon at about 25mph.. I've never managed to catch him and ask !

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Also I have a home built booster battery so I can reduce the voltage if too fast at 48v

I've a ton of 18650 cells to play with !

Advertisers