Odd Wisper 905 behaviour

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Wisper 905, 2010 model. Just noticed this sequence...

1) Turn it on at key, turn it on at handlebar LED switch, lights all light up, choose max power, ride away. All normal.

BUT
2) Turn it on at key, turn it on at handlebar LED switch, then turn it OFF again at LED switch, and it STAYS off even if you switch it back on again at the LED switch. No lights, no pedelec. Have to turn key off and on again, and start from scratch.

3) BUT... Turn it on at key, then turn it on at handlebar LED switch, then turn it OFF again at LED switch, and the THROTTLE still works. No lights on the handlebar, no apparent power, but you can cycle along using the throttle only to put power through the rear wheel, and while it's a bit awkward, it does work.

4) Is this what Wisper 905s do, or is mine strangely on the blink? If on the blink, any ideas where or why? I did have a look at the LED switch, but as there are no screws holding it together, I couldn't get a look inside (hoping for a loose connection or the like).

Any notions welcomed.

A.

D

Deleted member 4366

I had a Conhismotor controller that worked like that. The LCD used to go to sleep after 10 minutes too, but everything still worked with it off. I'm wondering whether a short press of the off switch only switches off the LCD. Maybe you have to hold the off switch for longer to switch it right off.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Hello d8veh.

I'll experiment, thanks.

A

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Pressing the on/off button for 1/2 a second, or 15 seconds, doesn't make any difference. Still behaves as described originally.

PS Any ideas how I DO separate the two halves of the LED assembly to check for loose wires, or isn't that a likely place for the culprits to be?

A

D

Deleted member 4366

Many LCDs are glued together, so no chance of servicing unless you can see screws underneath.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Packed up altogether today, so I took the battery off (don't usually - I charge it on the bike) to check the two big pins that the battery sits on, and noticed that the lock mechanism was cracked and broken, see pics below. Would this cause problems? I'm wondering whether Wisper batteries are particularly sensitive if they're not firmly fixed.
(It's under warranty, as I bought a new one a year or so back).
Ta.

A.

battery crack one.jpg battery crack one.jpg battery crack two.jpg

Advertisers