Help! Onebot No throttle pulling issue

Uphill15

Just Joined
Jun 8, 2021
I have an issue with a Onebot S6. When pushing the bike, and it is in gear 1,2 or 3 on the LCD, after a few paces, the bike motor activates and the bike sets off. This is quite dangerous, and so needs fixing. However, I have no idea how to get the issue resolved. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Hi. Your freehub/freewheel is sticking. This causes the chain to move as you wheel the bike forwards, which in turn spins the pedals/BB and attached PAS sensor.

If you prevent the pedals from spinning as you wheel the bike, you should find that the motor no longer kicks in.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If walking the bike simply switch it off, then nothing can activate. My bikes have a zero PAS setting.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's a very common problem on bikes like that, and it's caused by lack of maintenance. Clean out the gap between the back of the freewheel and the motor. You can get long grass or any other debris wrapped around there, which causes friction. After that, get some oil down the back of the freewheel and some more where the axle goes in.

Advertisers