Orange skunkworks proto...

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
Do like Orange bikes (I have 3 already!) If this goes into production it could just tempt me to switch. The "underslung" battery idea has already proved to me to be a non-issue, and without using that would Orange have to change their suspension design?
Mark

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
earthmover, the following is from a good friend who is an Orange bike sales dealer.

"I saw this one in the flesh today. It really was the last thing I expected from Orange... but there you go! Not as heavy as I thought it would be and a killer spec (same as an Alpine 6 Factory), it actually looks like it would be a blast. Watch this space... they should be landing in about July!"

Last summer I went along on an Orange demo day, and the bike below had me grinning from ear to ear from the first pedal stroke until the last. I feel in lust with that bike, but sadly not the cost of it.

I still consider an underslung battery to be of poor design for an eMTB and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Last edited:
Wibble wibble. Now that I like...
Looks like the mutts dangly bits, if you ask me. It's great to see more proper manufacturers starting to put their skills into serious bikes like this :)

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

• Agree
Reactions: earthmover

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i doubt you will like the price of them tho as normal orange bikes are 5k plus:eek:

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
i doubt you will like the price of them tho as normal orange bikes are 5k plus:eek:
wow, a few years ago I had a Clockwork Orange which I think was some sort of limited edition. Stopped using it so sold it for a paltry £100. You live and learn

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I still consider an underslung battery to be of poor design for an eMTB and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Yes, 5K OTT for me to spend on bike now, but think about the second hand market in 5 years.
Plenty of time to get your battery pack building skills up to speed ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my bike was 2nd hand off ebay and was 2k cheaper and only 160 miles on it ;)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I was told yesterday that the expected launch date isn't July after all, it is going to be at some stage early next year.

One thing is for sure, when you look on Instagram and Facebook, where photos have been posted, Orange are getting some major flack for the bike.
Kind of expected given the almost cult following that Orange seemingly have.

• Agree
I was told yesterday that the expected launch date isn't July after all, it is going to be at some stage early next year.

One thing is for sure, when you look on Instagram and Facebook, where photos have been posted, Orange are getting some major flack for the bike.
Kind of expected given the almost cult following that Orange seemingly have.
yeh yeh, that crew will wake up and smell the cafe one day! ;)

• Agree
It must be quite a tough call for a company like Orange, but then they aren't exactly stupid, so must have accepted that the mtb market is changing, and that they have to move with it, or loose out.
I should coco.

earthmover

Pedelecer
Aug 11, 2016
Cheshire
Have sent an email to Orange offering to be a "real world" Beta tester for them. Not had a reply yet, but it can't be long........
Mark

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
looks like a 25kg bike tho :eek:

Related Articles

Advertisers