Overvolting Tianjin Santroll B-WZKD3615-KA controller - possible?

klint

Just Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Hi,

Can I get some advice? I'm new into eBiking and using a bike with 36v system and planing to run a 48v battery instead.

I have an Tianjin Santroll B-WZKD3615-KA controller, see enclosed picture.
On the box it's rated 36V.
I tried to open the box without success, seems the board is glued to the housing.
But I did manage to get a look at the caps. Most caps are rated 63v, a few smaller once are rated 24v (but I don't think the 24v caps would be a problem since I'm running a OEM battery at 36v)
My concern is the mosfets. I can't figure out if they can handle 63v or not.
Since the caps are rate 63v, is it possible that the mosfets also is able to handle up to 63v?
It wouldn't make any sense if they put in 63v caps but insufficient mosfets no?

Would it be possible to run this controller on 48v without burning the components? Or shall I order a 48v rated controller straight away instead?

Also, I'm planning to hook the system up with standard Bafang USB to TTL interface (Bafang Configuration Tool) in order to tune the performance. Will this be possible with this controller since I have a Bafang C965 system installed with a rear hub motor?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Have a nice weekend everybody!

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi,

Can I get some advice? I'm new into eBiking and using a bike with 36v system and planing to run a 48v battery instead.

I tried to open the box without success, seems the board is glued to the housing.
But I did manage to get a look at the caps. Most caps are rated 63v, a few smaller once are rated 24v (but I don't think the 24v caps would be a problem since I'm running a OEM battery at 36v)
Since the caps are rate 63v, is it possible that the mosfets also is able to handle up to 63v?

Would it be possible to run this controller on 48v without burning the components? Or shall I order a 48v rated controller straight away instead?

Also, I'm planning to hook the system up with standard Bafang USB to TTL interface (Bafang Configuration Tool) in order to tune the performance. Will this be possible with this controller since I have a Bafang C965 system installed with a rear hub motor?

If it doesn't work, I have the Santroll interface software somewhere in an old laptop that was given to me by one of the Santroll development team. I can't remember if voltage is selectable. I can remember parameters for speed and current. He also gave me a cable, which I think is a standard TTL. It plugs into the LCD connector, like on the Bafang.

Reactions: tomcat79

klint

Just Joined
Dec 6, 2019
If it doesn't work, I have the Santroll interface software somewhere in an old laptop that was given to me by one of the Santroll development team. I can't remember if voltage is selectable. I can remember parameters for speed and current. He also gave me a cable, which I think is a standard TTL. It plugs into the LCD connector, like on the Bafang.
Yeah, wow, that would be great if you can share the software with me!
Would you also be willing to guide me how to wire the UART-interface with my TTL adapter (VMA440), which pin is rx, tx etc?

I'll PM you a link to my google drive where you can upload the software.
Thanks again!

tomcat79

Just Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Lazio, IT
Hi, I have the same controller.
Have you find your old laptop?

tomcat79

Just Joined
Dec 28, 2019
Lazio, IT
Would you also be willing to guide me how to wire the UART-interface with my TTL adapter (VMA440), which pin is rx, tx etc?
Hi,
how did you configure your COM Port settings?
Now I get an original FT232RL adapter and I have tried 9600 baud rate, 8 data bit, no parity, 1 stop bit and no flow control. In the advanced settings: latency timer 1 msec, transfer size 64 Byte both for RX and TX.
No communication with controller.

Gothicgeek502

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Hi,

Would your software work with a B-WZKB3615A-LB-F4. It's the basic controller for Lime S 2.5gen scooters, I got my hands on a few of the controllers from a junk yard. I contacted Santroll and they were going to send me the software but that was before the pandemic started and I haven't heard back from theme in awhile. I'm wanting to use it to try to save money on building an ebike to help me get around more since I had both knees replaced.

Advertisers