Oxygen Emate City Battery Charger Help

ScottM1988

Just Joined
Jun 26, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm new to the pedelec community and last week I bought myself an oxygen eMate city for commuting and pleasure riding. Hoping to save some money and lose some weight.

So far, absolutely loving the bike.

I do have a question though. I've just plugged the battery in to charge for the first time and upon turning the plug on I have a flashing red light with a loud clicking on the charger. Is this normal or do I have something wrong with mine?

I'm hoping someone who has one of these bikes can help

Many thanks

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Like you i bought an E mate recently, my charger has the red light on constantly untill full charge.
The fan is noisy sort of like a coffee percolator going in the corner of the
room,it is noisy but i would,nt descibe it as clicking.

ScottM1988

Just Joined
Jun 26, 2015
Thanks for the replies guys. Contacted south yorkshire electric bike centre who i bought it from who were very helpful and swapped the charger straight away.
Plugged in and absolutely fine so looks like the charger was at fault.

The total distance travelled on the odometer, is it in miles or km and is there a way to change it. My speed is in mph changed from kmh but this didnt change the odometer.

Cheers

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
My odometer is in miles, my instructions which came with the bike give lots of settings but changing the odometer values isnt one of them.

jrewillis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Did you ever find out how you get it into mph for odometer. All my units are mph except total distance travelled.

Thanks for the replies guys. Contacted south yorkshire electric bike centre who i bought it from who were very helpful and swapped the charger straight away.
Plugged in and absolutely fine so looks like the charger was at fault.

The total distance travelled on the odometer, is it in miles or km and is there a way to change it. My speed is in mph changed from kmh but this didnt change the odometer.

Cheers

Advertisers